Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 670 mxz and I am thinking of stepping up the game a little.

I think that I out ride the old 97 670 a little I am very very aggressive trail rider but I also like to explore a little and would like to take a trip to the deep power of the mountains in the future.. Here is my question will a rev gade still handle the trails?? I love the power of my 670 just enough but not over the top so should I choose the 600 ho sdi or the 800 ??? Will the 136 be the correct choice or should I go up to the 144 ?

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
97mxz670 said:
I have a 670 mxz and I am thinking of stepping up the game a little.

I think that I out ride the old 97 670 a little I am very very aggressive trail rider but I also like to explore a little and would like to take a trip to the deep power of the mountains in the future.. Here is my question will a rev gade still handle the trails?? I love the power of my 670 just enough but not over the top so should I choose the 600 ho sdi or the 800 ??? Will the 136 be the correct choice or should I go up to the 144 ?
[snapback]727501[/snapback]​
My current sled is a 136x15x2, after all prior sleds being 121's. My next sled will most likely be a 144 Summit. To answer your question, to each his own, I love my 136, great on trails and awsome off trail, just looking for a bit more off trail. 800's for me, the extra power is nice off trail or at altitude.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am on my second gade and would never look at a 121" again, It is awsome in off trail riding and does just fine on the trail, the 16" wide 136" long has the same foot print as the 144" track as well

·
Registered
404 Posts
The 136 will not be a problem with trail riding to say the least. As for 600SDI or 800PT, I opted for the 600SDI and have no complaints whatsoever with its power or speed. There is only so fast you can go on a trail.
As for off trail and higher altitudes, I can only speak about the off trail side of things and have no complaints with the 136 so far. I have ridden with 144s on the trail and they have no problems with them at all - from what I have seen and heard. I will say last year I had a 121 and will not be going back to one of them as I find the 136 to be better.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it true that the 136 and 144's are better as far as suspension wise on the trails. This past weekend I was in cable ,Wi and a few guys on long tracks were telling us at the bar that we need to ditch the 121's and our backs will thank us. I didn't know if it was because of newer suspension's than my old girl or the long track helped to soak it up..

What hp # is the 600 ho putting out stock.. and how would it compare to my 670? I don't want to buy a new sled with less power but don't want over kill either.

·
Registered
597 Posts
My 136" is studded and comparing it to my 121", the 136" is a lot harder to get the backend to slide through a corner. The 136" feels more stable on the trail and when the corners are icy, the 136" seems to handle the conditions better. I will never by a 121" sled again. The girlfriend also wants to dump the 121" for a 136" gade.

Can't speak on off-trail cause all I ride in WI are trails.

·
Registered
63 Posts
stretched my 04 MXZ 800 X out to 136, I will never buy a sled thats less than 136 again. Its way better in braking bumps, moguls, and regular chop. Its night and day difference off trail especially with the new gades having a 16" wide track. Unstudded I can slide around a corner with ease ....Tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts