Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fella's I am posting here cause I know the USA sleds are alot cheaper then ours but this is what I have
2008 mxz X, electric start, reverse, 2600 miles, c&a pro ski's, sled is in pretty decent shape only issue is the left hand side panel is cracked (125$ from the dealer for a new one), think me asking 7500$ in way out to lunch?

I really wanna get into a 2010 mxz X 800 etec and the dealers around here told me they can only give me 5000$ for my sled cause they wanna sell it for 7000$-7500$

I have it posted on kijiji and people keep telling me I am on crack, it does come with extras like clutch tools, oem cover, extra set of sliders, spare belt, few jugs of oil

what do you guys think>?

·
Hoping for snow
3,260 Posts
hey fella's I am posting here cause I know the USA sleds are alot cheaper then ours but this is what I have
2008 mxz X, electric start, reverse, 2600 miles, c&a pro ski's, sled is in pretty decent shape only issue is the left hand side panel is cracked (125$ from the dealer for a new one), think me asking 7500$ in way out to lunch?

I really wanna get into a 2010 mxz X 800 etec and the dealers around here told me they can only give me 5000$ for my sled cause they wanna sell it for 7000$-7500$

I have it posted on kijiji and people keep telling me I am on crack, it does come with extras like clutch tools, oem cover, extra set of sliders, spare belt, few jugs of oil

what do you guys think>?
If you are trying to sell it for the same price as what the dealer would try and sell it for you are probably to high. With dealers you would usually get some kind of warranty vs private sales. Would you pay the same price for a sled with no warranty as with one? With the last 2 winters being pretty pathetic it doesn't help. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If you are trying to sell it for the same price as what the dealer would try and sell it for you are probably to high. With dealers you would usually get some kind of warranty vs private sales. Would you pay the same price for a sled with no warranty as with one? With the last 2 winters being pretty pathetic it doesn't help. Good luck with the sale.
Trailblazer is right. You may want to knock $500-$750 off your listed price if you want to sell it now. Or, you could wait until early November and see what the market for your machine is.

Good luck with the sale

·
Registered
166 Posts

what do you guys think>?
It all depends on how badly you want to sell it, and how soon. If you can hold out for a while I'm sure someone will come along and buy it, but if you knock $700 off you will move that thing a lot quicker, but if you doo drop the price, dont give in as much to haggling the price.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know how to sell things I am just wondering what do you guys think its worth ive looked online and see adrenalines with 5000 miles going for 8000$ and I cant sell mine for 7000$ maybe its my location being in the north people dont want to drive 4 hours from toronto
I did have some people come look at and just waste my time offering me 3000$ 5000$
I know that for 5000$ ill keep it

it doesnt owe me anything its paid for...
wait till the dealer is able to find me the sled I want and go from there I guess

·
Registered
612 Posts
You see 'drennies going for 8k or they are asking 8 ? big difference, but I think as stated if you want top dollar (wich I don't blame you) then wait a bit longer and I'd say your in around what they will be going for. You will likely get what your asking but why not replace the cracked panel ? any potential buyer is gonna hang his hat on that the whole time he's kicking your track thinking about it. Just my thoughts but good luck wichever you decide

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the panel is on order, I did get one but it was yellow and I want the grey one like the other side, it will be changed but honestly for 125$ plus tax for a panel not worth 500$

and it is a small crack

I know a guy who sold a adrenaline with 5100miles for 8000$ I know there is all kinds of people out there who arent real smart and will pay anything for a machine... I just dont seem to have the luck some people do when selling stuff

·
Registered
612 Posts
I hear what your saying, you know yourself when things get a colder and the first set of magazines come out it creates an urge and people's wheels start spinning, then the snowmobile show hits Toronto and boom !! wait it out and I'm sure you'll do fine.

·
ride hard or die trying
7,806 Posts
Also when you sell it remember if u trade it in u gain the taxes that you don't have to pay

So a 5000 sled traded in your getting 5650 off your new one. I'd say ur sled in and arounds of 6-6500

Also if I were u I would fix the side panel so it doesn't look like the sled was beat up and put the sled back to stock and sell everything afterward

I had a 2nd set of panels for my sled. The sled had 10 000km on it but when I sold it I put the Stock panels gave it a coat of turtle wax and the sled look like it just came out of the show room.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got $4600 trade in for my 07 gade sdi with 9000 miles. You should at least fetch $6000 on a trade in. Call around. Got a left over 800R shorty with E/S for $7900 taxes in. I'm wating for the 800etec with the next chassis. good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts