Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

Thinking of putting my sled on ebay

316 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  landon283
I was thinking about putting my sled on ebay. It is an 04 Ski doo 600 H.O. 121" adrenaline rev with 3240 miles on it. The fee for inserting it on ebay is $30. A transaction service charge for another $30 if the price gets higher than your reserve price. And $1 to have a buy it now price. Would ebay be the way to go you think or are there going to be many people that are going to see or be interested in the ad? I was thinking of starting out the bidding at $1000. Setting my reserve at $4200 for the stock sled. And by keeping my handguards and riser on it I would have a buy it now price for $4600? What does everyone think I should do. Or what prices should I put it on there for? Thanks for your help
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
if you reallywant to sell it check into the trader mags. they run your add for a set price until it sells. and depending on the shape $4600 asking sounds good. have a freind asking $4000 for a 03 800 beaver tail about the same miles.
See less See more
Throw it on EBay...sleds on there are selling for more than ever now from what i've seen. That's the first place a lot of people check for toys.
See less See more
Do you think $60 is to much for an ad or what? Also are my prices kinda set ok. Im thinking ill just start the bidding at $100 cause what the hell, and my reserve at $4300 that way im at least going to have to get a decent price for it before I pay an extra $30. And ill set my buy it now at $4600 with everything but the windshield cause im keeping that?
I'd give ebay a try. As for price, check out prices for want ads in papers, it all of a sudden does not seem so high. I would also post the ad in snowmobile forums and other free ads. Get traffic to your auction.

Make sure you use lots of GOOD pics. Use a GOOD descripion with keywords. Describe the sled honestly as if someone blind was looking at it, the good and the bad.

As for using a reserve price. Why??? Just set your price and start it at that price. I never use reserves. As a buyer I don't like reserves either. I want to know what the current bid is, not that it didn't meet reserve. Plus if you post a reserve you will get all kind of emails asking what the reserve is.

good luck
keepus posted and post a link if you do. I may try to sell one soon.
I have sold several sleds on Ebay and the deals have all gone smoothly. Some of the sleds went for more then I hoped while one or two did not go quite as high as I wanted but always within 200 dollars of what I was looking for. Jay
A coworker of mine just bought a 03 600 HO of Ebay.
The reason that I want to put a reserve on it is because I would like to at least get like $4200 for it. And if the auction ends arent you committed to selling it? Thats why I would put one on
The reason that I want to put a reserve on it is because I would like to at least get like $4200 for it. And if the auction ends arent you committed to selling it? Thats why I would put one on
Start the auction at $4200.00 if that is the least that you will take. No reserve is then required.
Describe the sled honestly as if someone blind was looking at it
If they were blind how would they read the description?

I would give ebay a shot, at least you can set a minimum price on the thing and dont have to worry about a bunch of people trying to lowball ya!

And in the end if it doesnt meet the reserve price, depending on how bad you want to get rid of it you can take that highest bid.
See less See more
Yeah I think im gonna give it a go here in a couple days. Im watching an 05 just to see what that does for price then ill see.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.