Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I getting sick of other peoples problems and am thinking about picking up a new 05 GSX 500SS. I'd like some feedback from those who bought GSX's this year and last year. I'm coming off an 01 MXZX 600 so I know the suspension will be way softer but the last few years I've been doing long distance touring type riding, so it should suit my riding better.

Anyway, any opinions on the sleds would be great.

also, the price is around $9000 Can with 2 year warranty but i just found an 04 with 1000km for $7500 obo Can. what do you think?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know the 500SS motor is great, don't want the HO. it's the gsx that i want the feedback on. do you wish you bought an mxz instead or what? how do you ride and how does it work for you?

thanks for the reply viper

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought a 2004 GSX500SS, with 1300K... GREAT sled you won't be dissapointed, Handles great, the GSX has VR shock that the MXZ 500SS does not- Thats great.
But like he said do a search everone loves em.
You are already familiar with the motor.

Best O luck...BTW I paid 7400 for mine a month ago from a dealer. and I've seen them for up to 8500.00 sounds like a deal if it is not already gone.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've got an 04 GSX 600SDI and an 05 MXZ 500SS, and I'll tell you I like the 500SS better. The response is a little crisper, and I haven't had the plug fouling issues I have on the SDI. The 500ss just seems to be begging you to give it the gas. My buddy just bought last week an 05 GSX with the 500SS, and we took them out last weekend. He loves it, and he rode 2 up with his wife,and they had plenty of power. The GSX is a very nice sled, and even better when coupled with the 500SS. For what it's worth......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.