Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
wanna see the speed of light? flip the light switc
997 Posts
hey guys, i think the time might have come to sell the 1980 citation ss. just some history. sled purchased new by my dads best friend. owned by him up until gosh maybe 1990. i know i rode in a skiboose behind it at the age of prolly 4. by my standards for 31 years old its in pretty good shape, been rebuilt twice, once early in its life (not built for canada's long straits) and once in 2007 i belive off the top of my head. went .20 over all new seals runs great.starts half a pull if that. got a like new track 5 years old seat professonally redone 2 years ago with a brand new base ply and some blue house foam insulation to give it alittle more height. yellow ski skins, ski widening kit, factory tach and speedo(angle drive is broken. stuck at 5080) prolly closer to 10k total. factory bars broke years ago, still have them but has bike bars on it now. tunnel shines super nice with miguars and hood shines very nice. hasent run in 2 years but is stored on pallets in a fully inclosed car port carbs dry(and were allways pulled in the spring cleaned and stored dry.) tank dry cyl filled with oil in fall, turned over in spring and filled again. just looking for an idea on what to expect to get? ive seen a few citations go for like 500 bucks, but look like just a beater sled. left outside and neglected etc. what you guys think?

ps- picture attached is litterally a hour before it blew up. sno-deo weekend oldforge new york dec 2006. got a few thumbs up that weekend.... appearantly the sled didnt like that.

second pic is of the following year after the rebuild. the trusty old steeds. the plus x is gone now.... angry my dad sold it, ferrari of skidoo.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Great looking sled

I had typed a big reply but crashed before I could send it.

Long and the short of it was most adds for a runnin beater Citation SS around Ontario are asking for $600-800 and it would easily take another $500 to get those close to looking like yours and that's assuming it was a beater for consmetics reasons only, chances are it would probably need at least one of the followning: new track, engine work, clutch work, ignition work. That would put you someone up to $1500 all in to get a beater looking like yours. High end for the market on those seems to be $1200 - If I had that SS in that good of a shape the only way I'd let it go for $1200 is if I knew it was going to someone that would keep it running for another 30 years. Otherwise I'd ride it and smile everytime someone's head turns for a double take on the trail.

Good luck

·
wanna see the speed of light? flip the light switc
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only flaws currently, the paint on the bottom of the belly pan is starting to peel off, and surface rust is minor. im going to try and do something about it,but dont want to ruin whats still good. and theres a small crack in the aluminum tunnel on the left running board in the back right where it turns to go vertical. nothing major, and im going to have a friends dad who owns a local welding shop tig a nice bead on it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts