Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you ever change the tstat on your XP? I found it but it looks likes its quite a project to change. It also looks like the hose clamps are disposable and a special tool might be required to crimp. Thanks in advance for any helpful info! PS- it's an 09 P tek 800

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had the enginetech stat put in mine a good buddy
Did it in about 30-40 minutes I was out riding again
I noticed a difference it usually ran in the 4th to 5th bar
1.75 track no studs now rarely leaves the 3rd bar

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice ride!

I see he used regular auto style hose clamps. That's what I'll do. I still think it's going to be fun to get to. It's between the chaincase and cylinders. Anyone know the best way to get to it?

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,318 Posts
remove muffler ,remove the plastic cover over the rave parts ,stat is right there remove pipe also to remove lower hose on motor to drain coolant . :wink_old:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just deleted mine today all together. $7 worth of 90 degree fittings and another $4 in clamps and the thermostat is no longer in the mix.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
I just deleted mine today all together. $7 worth of 90 degree fittings and another $4 in clamps and the thermostat is no longer in the mix.
Did you put a choke in the top hose? In the REV days we put a 440 race sled choke in the top hose.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Not sure if that will work. Don't cold seize it.

You have a working temp gauge?

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is what I was told after sending that diagram to RK TEK wondering myself how to delete the thermostat like it says to do in their instructions for their head.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
Fire it up and see what you heat exchanger is doing as compared to your temp gauge. I'm guessing you don't have snow to try it out on. In the old REV days you could cold seize the motor because people never let the sled get up to operating temp because it took longer and the temps in the exchangers never climbed.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I did a post a while back. Love my t stat. I've got engine tech. Its dirt cheap and works amazing. I rode last March break in + conditions and rode the same temps and conditions this Jan for my first ride. I went from 5 to 6 bars last year to 4 bars nothing more. Just amazing. Warms up quick and stays at 4 bars. Saw 5 once riding out of a gas station zero snow going stupid slow. Didn't take long to get back down and stay at 4 bars.

Reactions: carrboy
1 - 16 of 16 Posts