Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I GET PRETTY ANOYED TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO SEEM TO BE FLAT OUT LYING ABOUT THERE SLED. A COUPLE OF THINGS. IS THERE A WEB SITE THAT HAS A LIST WITH THE THEORETICAL TOP SPEED ON A SLED. I'M TALKING WITH STOCK GEARING AND ABSOLUTLY NO FRICTION WHAT IS THE FASTEST A SLED COULD POSSIBLE GO?

I GUESS THAT I'M JUST A BIT FED UP TALKIN TO A GUY WITH 600 THAT "HAS HAD HIS SLED UP TO 127"

GETTING ANGRY WITH NO SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADAM

·
Banned
369 Posts
ADAM ANTHONY said:
I GET PRETTY ANOYED TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO SEEM TO BE FLAT OUT LYING ABOUT THERE SLED. A COUPLE OF THINGS. IS THERE A WEB SITE THAT HAS A LIST WITH THE THEORETICAL TOP SPEED ON A SLED. I'M TALKING WITH STOCK GEARING AND ABSOLUTLY NO FRICTION WHAT IS THE FASTEST A SLED COULD POSSIBLE GO?

I GUESS THAT I'M JUST A BIT FED UP TALKIN TO A GUY WITH 600 THAT "HAS HAD HIS SLED UP TO 127"

GETTING ANGRY WITH NO SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADAM
[snapback]313039[/snapback]​
With no fristion you would go 0mph, because you could not get your sled to hook up because there would be no friction.

so with those requirements all sleds would go 0 for a top speed.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOT - I CAN SEE THAT YOUR ALSO GETTING ANOYED WITH NO SNOW.

I OBVIOUSLY MEANT NO FRICTION BETWEEN TRACK AND SLIDES OR THE FRICTION BETWEEN THE SKI'S AND THE SNOW OR THE WIND AND THE FRONT OF THE SLED.

EASIER PUT HOW FAST COULD THE DRIVE TRAIN TURN UNDER PERFECT CONDITIONS?

ADAM

·
Registered
142 Posts
Back in the early 80's there was a top speed racing organization that ran radar runs, I think it was called NSSR ???
Anyway, it was real funny to hear the big numbers that people would brag about until they actually got clocked on radar. Then you would see guys guys claiming to be able to hit 120+mph not even cracking 100mph.

The vast majority of sleds were well under the century mark.

But that was 25 years ago.
I will say that I was totally surprised at the accuracy of my newer ski-doo's speedos when I run it with my GPS strapped to the dash. Not the GPS is absolutely accurate either. But my 05 GADE, 02 MXZ, and 95 MachZ are closer than my 93 Suburban, or 03 Mustang.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
In theory, My sled is faster than yours.. only due to the excessive coats of wax from the lack of USE this winter. It makes them more aerodynamic. Last night my 600 H.O was clocked at 142mph but that was bad conditions.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Top speed=(rpm/clutch ratio) x (teeth top/teeth bottom) x (track pitch x axle teeth/12) x (60/5280).

Typical Doo pitch=2.52, TRA clutch ratio=0.83.

You can simplify this by throwing in the constants and coming up with a shorter equation with only the variables to plug in (ie. sprocket teeth).

Fill your boots.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.