Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some really good seat time on my 600 REV yesterday and found that sometimes is doesn't stear soo good... It usually depended where I was positioned on the rear... If I was up tight to the handlebars it would turn.. If I was standing almost never turned.. I weigh about 240 at 6'3". Is there a certain way I should set the rear end and the front end so that It will turn better.. On my polaris last year I just cranked the ski spings to put more pressure on the ski's and adjusted the block in the back to make is stiffer, will that work on a REV?? Appreciate the help...

Just thought I would let you guys know I smoked a 04 ZR with pipes yesterday also... My 600 H.O. is more than I could have ever expected out of a sled...

mike

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
only way i found to fix this problem is better ski's single runner with agressive keel. like usi, C&A, slp the C&A adx can be hade any color ready to mount for around 2-225.00 from rec-stuff.com ask for doug.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mikeee_56 said:
I got some really good seat time on my 600 REV yesterday and found that sometimes is doesn't stear soo good... It usually depended where I was positioned on the rear... If I was up tight to the handlebars it would turn.. If I was standing almost never turned.. I weigh about 240 at 6'3". Is there a certain way I should set the rear end and the front end so that It will turn better.. On my polaris last year I just cranked the ski spings to put more pressure on the ski's and adjusted the block in the back to make is stiffer, will that work on a REV?? Appreciate the help...

Just thought I would let you guys know I smoked a 04 ZR with pipes yesterday also... My 600 H.O. is more than I could have ever expected out of a sled...

mike

[snapback]258691[/snapback]​
ttt

·
Registered
880 Posts
There are a couple of threads on this site right now debating a move top single runner skis. I think you'll find a mixed bag of opinions on the precisions or single runners.

Personally, I have not been happy since making the move to single runner (SLT) skis and think I probably wasted $300. I'm still working on the set-up so I hope my opinion changes soon. I would strongly encourage you not to do anything until you are 100% convinced the precisions won't work for the majority of your riding.

BTW, I feel that the ability of the Rev to rail corners is more a function of getting the back end to come around, then getting the front end to bite. On hard pack, my sled always seems to push from the center or rear. I have no problem getting the front to turn.

·
Registered
546 Posts
mikeee_56 said:

mike

i found the biggest single adjustment to eliminate ski lift and darting and to get better bite in loose snow was to shorten the front limiter straps one hole. the biggest influence on front end handling is if there is too much pressure on the front skid frame shock then it acts as a pivot point in the centre of the sled and causes radical handling. too much pressure on the front skid shortens the whell base length of any sled. you must have a good balance of pressure on the front ski's and the rear axle then slowly adjust pressure to the centre skid frame shock and spring. experiment!!! one step at a time and analyze the effects on a constant conditions base...

·
Registered
438 Posts
i have flex skis with duelly carbides on my 04 gade x and it pushes like crazy even at slow speeds i never rode a renegade before so i don,t know what to expect from the longer track but it is alittle unnerving, i put some more pressure on the ski springs and backed off the center spring but it didn't make much difference, i'm trying alittle at a time and then riding it again to see if it has any effect. does anyone else have this setup on a gade?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I finally have my 600 set up the way I like it . I am 5'10 205 (vertically challenged/to short for my weight) I am running SLP PPs with 4" shaper carbides. Front springs at 2, rear skid spring at 3 limiter strap tightended up 1 hole, and the front rear shock at 4 and the coupling block with the thick side down. Oh yeah, I only have 96 studs. This is about the best set up I have found after 1600 miles of tinkering. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
mikeee_56 said:

mike

Well I am the aprx same height and weight. I have my rear center pretty stiff, preloaders at #3, coupler at #2, clickers at the middle of each, fronts on #3, and all that I do when i want to turn is lean forward and out to the side and I can out corner all of my buddies even with the precisions on. Remember it is not always the skis it is the rider and the sled being set up and have the ability to ride with them not just sit back and stear. that is why they say "I am going riding" not stearing. that is why a lot of people are changing skis because they just want to stear the sled. If you ride it like it is suppose to be ridden then they work killer. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MXZx Donnyc said:
mikeee_56 said:

mike

Well I am the aprx same height and weight. I have my rear center pretty stiff, preloaders at #3, coupler at #2, clickers at the middle of each, fronts on #3, and all that I do when i want to turn is lean forward and out to the side and I can out corner all of my buddies even with the precisions on. Remember it is not always the skis it is the rider and the sled being set up and have the ability to ride with them not just sit back and stear. that is why they say "I am going riding" not stearing. that is why a lot of people are changing skis because they just want to stear the sled. If you ride it like it is suppose to be ridden then they work killer. Hope this helps.

[snapback]259931[/snapback]​
I appreciate the help, I am gonna try my sled at the same adjustments you game me... I am used to being faster than most anyone on the trails, I tried to ride my rev like my 600 edge and it is very different and even scared me sometimes when I almost didn't make a couple of turns...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.