Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have "The Thing" can? I'm not looking for a loud sound but someone told me The Thing is a good sound and saves a good amount of weight I was wondering if anybody has a sound clip of it.
Please do Not comment if you dislike cans.

·
Always wrenching on something!
2,905 Posts
never heard a "the thing" can but i can say that i sure do love the sound of a mbrp can, a nice smooth loud kind of sound, alot of cans have a kind of crackly sound to them, but yeah, just saying as a alternative incase your looking around for cans

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hello I have heard of the Thing can haven`t personally seen any on a rev but have seen them on older 670 sled once, the guy really liked it, only bad thing I`ve heard is when I asked one guy about his he said then were more for higher elevations but that was awhile back, kind of a cool look can set up tho

I really likek the tone and sound of my Dynoport, I have the oval canaster can that has a good sound but not tinny loud, most of the straight smaller canister cans have that sound, but an oval chamber ones I have seen have a deep rumble when idleing and cracks of the throttle, and awesome tone when wide open.

here is a vid I found, sound pretty bad azz other than when he fires up the mini Z, Lol
Actually after hearing this it sounds better than mine!!

Wildcard

·
2,905 Posts
Do you have the mbrp on your sled?
sure do, had it on my ol 04 rev 800, sounded awsome, even my ski doo 1000 has a mbrp, and it also gives it a nice kind of howl like sound, smooth and such, hard to find any videos of it because many engines have it and with any engine they do sound different on a 600 as to a 800 and some what the same with a 1000, just the 1000 seems to have more grunt like sound in the lower rpm's

this is on a 1000

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sure do, had it on my ol 04 rev 800, sounded awsome, even my ski doo 1000 has a mbrp, and it also gives it a nice kind of howl like sound, smooth and such, hard to find any videos of it because many engines have it and with any engine they do sound different on a 600 as to a 800 and some what the same with a 1000, just the 1000 seems to have more grunt like sound in the lower rpm's

this is on a 1000

Dam that sounds good what kind of mbrp is it?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It says in your original post that you are not looking for a loud can. These are all quite loud, the thing included. If you are looking for a quieter sound you might look at Skinz Ultra Q. I run a Super Q and like it a lot. It's loud and sounds great

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It says in your original post that you are not looking for a loud can. These are all quite loud, the thing included. If you are looking for a quieter sound you might look at Skinz Ultra Q. I run a Super Q and like it a lot. It's loud and sounds great
Super Q sounds really bad. I want a bark at wot not stock sound.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
also the new thing has a cooker hole mounted in the can.... just slides in and latchs....no need to mount it on the pipe now

yes they are made for elevation ..... where most others are not and loose lots of power at elevation

·
Registered
933 Posts
The Thing sounds fantastic. Low pitch throaty sound at idle, and screams at WOT. Not quite as loud as the Mbrp, which has a higher pitch at idle.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The Thing Can is sold at the Sled Shed in Revy. I hear good things about it.
yes the sled shed in revy..... he has on on the counter too look at.......... while u wait ....

·
2,905 Posts
Dam that sounds good what kind of mbrp is it?
not sure what you mean by what kind of mbrp is it, but you can call mbrp, i was looking in their site i think some stuff is broken, they basically look like this when new, but yeah they are one hell of a can and a unique loud sound that comes out of them, very nice and clean,

·
2,905 Posts
i do got to say i like the fact that it has a thing for them pots, but im not sure it would truly get the heat you need to cook? it would put more heat on the side of the container rather then the bottom? also where the exhaust exits out of the can it looks pretty small to me?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts