Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Anyone use this can on an XM? Any feedback would be helpful! Too loud? Does the cooker rattle? Any issues running wise? You can see it at thesledshed.net. Not sure if i'm supposed to post links on here,sorry if i'm not! Also, is it ok to run a can while still in the break-in period?

Thanks

·
Registered
993 Posts
my .02 is that i like the idea of the can, but i dont think its really a performance bred can...(as if any can is lol) but if i were you i would just get a nice can that you like the way it sounds and throw a hot dogger or muffpot on it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The "Thing" cooker can works great. It gets very hot so you can only put the cooker tin in about 15 minutes before you want to eat. Having hot food on the hill is great. I have run the "Thing" cooker can for 2 years on the etec and have never had a code or a problem. The sound is not too loud IMO and has a nice sound. It's not the lightest can out there but it is well built to last for many years. No Rattles, no problem and worth every penny.

·
I'm Dooing It
3,910 Posts
I have had 3 of those cans now and I'll tell you this, they have a nice tone when on the throttle, they doo not rattle (but don't store the empty Muff-pot in the can as it will burn everything remaining from lunch), they cook fast as mentioned above, and no codes, no burps nor farts. The two tier Muff-pot is great for an appetizer and a main course (a few garlic shrimp in the top and some strip loin with veggies and a little Thai Sweet Chili sauce). If you tell them that ferniesnow recommended TheThing, you may get a discount. Enjoy, cause I sure doo.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
the dogleg in the pipe is why i don't like them, I cant imagine those welded joints flow smoothly, but who knows, maybe they make it run better, why a can works well vs works terribly seems tobe a mystery.

cool looking can, I still cant wrap my head around how the cooker pot slides into it. pics anyone?

·
I'm Dooing It
3,910 Posts
cool looking can, I still cant wrap my head around how the cooker pot slides into it. pics anyone?
The only picture I have is this one. I can take some more if it would help. But the Muff-pot, slides into the slot and the little wire (as indicated by the arrow) holds it in place. A person needs to be wearing gloves to take it out as it can be very hot. i've actually burnt the parchment paper on many days.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
I also got the cooker can for my Etec; got tired of bloody knuckles trying to get the muffpot out from under the hood by the y-pipe. Had an MBRP before, probably sell if it my husband doesn't use it on his 13. It's not loud at all and like everyone says, it cooks hot and fast so don't put food in the morning, wait until it's closer to the time you want to eat or it will burn! I'm not really stoked about the double section, the top section is too small to put much of anything into it and sits down into the main pot making it smaller. The clasp that holds it in place already got loose so we put a zip tie on that and it seems to be working fine. No codes, burps or loss of power that I can tell.

·
I'm Dooing It
3,910 Posts
Just got my "Thing" in the mail today from Idahodoo,fast shipping and good,personal service! Thanks! Will post some pics when I install it.
Jon is a great guy to deal with whether it be his Custom Vents or TheThing………and that can will rock your socks off! Best meal cooker out there and the sound is also nice…

·
I'm Dooing It
3,910 Posts
Just installed my Thing today. Great fit and sound! I would upload some pics and video but for the life of me I can't figure out how to attach anything in these posts!
You have to go to "more reply options" and drop down to choose file, upload and it is done. You may have to compress the pictures.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.