Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MTM said:
fugly
[snapback]706858[/snapback]​
I agree - the whole Lincoln lineup has taken the retro thing too far... All the styling has gone retro - first the tbird, then stang (which was done right), now Lincoln is aiming at Deco styling of the 50s... (remember the superchief from the autoshow?). I dont care for it either...

I had many conversations with that team 2 years ago when we first saw this. I am curious to see how many fixes got implemented. Grilles are big $$ tooling items and it was already a sunk cost so that is what it is for the next couple of years.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
This just in.

The truck that will bring down detriot. They dont have engine specs out yet though...maybe later today?

LINK

its on the bottom

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
MTM said:
This just in.

The truck that will bring down detriot. They dont have engine specs out yet though...maybe later today?

LINK

its on the bottom
[snapback]706889[/snapback]​
Now THAT is fugly!!!!! Look like a dodge front with who knows what going on in the rest. Puke!

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
I can feel the sales scales tipping already. The TRD off-road version is what I wanna see, not this on road version.

·
15,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
formajim said:
MTM said:
This just in.

LINK

its on the bottom
Now THAT is fugly!!!!! Look like a dodge front with who knows what going on in the rest. Puke!
[snapback]706903[/snapback]​
OH - I agree - I almost threw up when I first saw it... I started making cracks as I walked up only to learn the engineer for the part was nearby and overheard me...
The concept is good but its too much gawdy chrome.
Powertrains I cannot talk about yet.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I really like that Toyota. I can not help but think there are a few guys from the Nissan team over there now. Pretty much the same exact propaganda.

I think they may have stolen a few interior ideas from the F-150.

I do not think I will comment on the Lincon until a couple of rappers get them and we see them in music videos...

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
MTM said:
This just in.

LINK

its on the bottom
They said the same thing about the T100 ten years ago, and the Tundra after that.

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
They said that about the t-100 and Tundra? When?

Wait and watch. Look what Tacoma did. It'll be Tundra's turn now.

·
15,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MTM said:
They said that about the t-100 and Tundra? When?

Wait and watch. Look what Tacoma did. It'll be Tundra's turn now.
[snapback]707040[/snapback]​
WOW - HAHAHAHHAH

Still waiting...

(as a side note I havent seen you this active on a ford thread in a while....)

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
I have more time now cause if I still owned my ford Id be at the dealership getting it fixed.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I for one am very disappointed in the new Tundra. I was expecting so much more with all the hype leading up to today. And now that we see it NO SPECS! I thought Toyota would come to the plate with more innovation, rather than a truck that took cues and ideas from other mfrs. I wanted to see something closer to the FTX concept. I have owned 2 Tundras and now drive F150. This new Tundra is not going to get me out of my Ford.
BTW I work for a dealership that sells both Ford and Toyota

zdooman, you sound like you know what your talking about but you say the Lincoln brand then refer to Ford line vehicles. I know the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree but there is a diff. and IMO I like the way Lincoln is going. Right now they are in the middle of an identity crisis but I think (hope) we will see a turn around soon with some new products and trimming of the old.

·
Super Moderator
29,359 Posts
zdooman said:
MTM said:
fugly
[snapback]706858[/snapback]​
I agree - the whole Lincoln lineup has taken the retro thing too far... All the styling has gone retro - first the tbird, then stang (which was done right), now Lincoln is aiming at Deco styling of the 50s... (remember the superchief from the autoshow?). I dont care for it either...

I had many conversations with that team 2 years ago when we first saw this. I am curious to see how many fixes got implemented. Grilles are big $$ tooling items and it was already a sunk cost so that is what it is for the next couple of years.
[snapback]706882[/snapback]​
I'm not so sure about the grill, but the MKX is a nice looking ride. I believe that is supposed to be the Aviator replacement - and we sure like our Aviator.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
What is with Nissan and Toyota telling stories these days?

Nissan: Tell better stories.
Toyota: The places we've been, the stories we could tell, the truck we built.

Mmmmmm.

·
Super Moderator
29,359 Posts
ih302 said:
Toyota: The places we've been, the stories we could tell, the truck we built.
[snapback]707136[/snapback]​
The Bull"edit for bad language" we can spread, the people we can sucker...

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
The story toyota will tell in 5 years is ...remember when there was US automakers.

muh ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Yeah like the fact that they like to tout that they are green. Ford builds 14 SULEV - ATPZEV rated cars and trucks, Honda has one. Surely the almighty Toyota must make more PZEV vehicles than Ford right?
Nope, Toyota only makes one PZEV vehicle, the Prius. The current Expedition and F-150 are rated as SULEV vehicles while the Toyota Tundra and Sequoia are only rated only at ULEV. You won't read any of this in car and driver tho.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts