Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking forward to my 07 800 Xrs, I would have liked other colour selections, I'd hoped for a new guage cluster, and we all knew we aren't getting the new motor fo another year... Oh well, that's why I'll get a 08 too!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yup, up and working.

I'll say this about the new line-up. With no big changes it makes me think I'll keep mine and doo some more mods and wait for 08, BNG wont get me to spend 11,000 us for a sled thats 95% the same as what I'm riding.

I'm thinking, new red hood/center console, maybe a 440 seat and I'm good for the 07 season.

March of 07 I bet will see 800r in more sleds and a new REV II platform.

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
We had the opportunity to ride the MXZ X-RS, along with all the others at the Media Event in Munising.

Watch for our ride reports coming in the next few weeks.

The sled was sweet !!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree that the 800r motor will be nice, The current 800 is a real good motor (power, fuel milage, smooth...) as long as I don't get left on the side of the trail again, I'm cool with this motor. If them (BRP) holding off mass producing the 800r motor ensures it'll be bad "edit for bad language" strong, reliable, I'll wait the year. For now the 800 X-rs will be one of the baddest ditch bangers, lighter than the 06, stronger... as I said on a previous post, get rid of some of the French colour graphics, it'll be flying through the air with my fat "edit for bad language" on it early next year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think they made just enough changes so that they could say that they made changes. But, essentially the lineup is the same, except in the freestyle chassis. That appeared to be the focus this year, along with the V-800.

It is curious that the 800R motor is being introduced in the Summit. That is a first for Doo. Usually the Summit gets the leftovers from the MXZ. I wonder if there are reliability conerns with the new 800R which is why they didn't put it in all chassis's....

·
Registered
97 Posts
The fact that we can't get the new motor in the xrs absolutely BLOWS. With the reliable smooth endless power like the gaypex, we need more than the current 800. Having said that , the current p tec is really good, but we need more smoothness, reliabitlity, and much more POWER.

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
The 800R motor is a "High Flow" design, giving the guys in the mountains the power that has been sought after in a stock engine for high altitudes.

A 151+ h.p. monoblock design with a liquid cooled crank and with 3-D R.A.V.E. valves that have 42% larger bellows...Also each R.A.V.E. valve uses a two (2) guillotine system.

The intake reeds are now fashioned to a "W" type design for better response.

All of this controlled by an ECM.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Don't most Summits get lots of WOT time running in deep powder? Must be the acid test for the new engines.... the warranty exposure must be less because I'm speculating they sell prolly 10 Summits for every 100 MXZ's? Bobadoo, do you have any sales figures to add to my speculation?

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
GSX800LTD said:
Bobadoo, do you have any sales figures to add to my speculation?
[snapback]746497[/snapback]​
I don't have any sales figures available.

PCBrev800 said:
Bobadoo, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I dont trust the rags...I mean mags.
[snapback]746509[/snapback]​
We met and rode with all of the guys from the snowmobile trade magazines and the guys from SnowTrax TV.

They were all a bunch of good guys.

Watch for their upcoming issues and a TV segment from SnowTrax.

·
Devil Dog
1,848 Posts
I will be riding a new Blizzard next year.

·
Devil Dog
1,848 Posts
Maybe I misunderstood but can anyone tell me if the Blizzard will have the new 800R Powertek.

·
Registered
24 Posts
PCBrev800 said:
Yup, up and working.

I'll say this about the new line-up. With no big changes it makes me think I'll keep mine and doo some more mods and wait for 08, BNG wont get me to spend 11,000 us for a sled thats 95% the same as what I'm riding.

I'm thinking, new red hood/center console, maybe a 440 seat and I'm good for the 07 season.

March of 07 I bet will see 800r in more sleds and a new REV II platform.
[snapback]746450[/snapback]​
I couldnt agree with you more, this is my exact thinking, just getting rid of there inventory for next year

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
thanks doo! saved me from buying a new sled!

looks like a coasting year...

ugliest REV offering ever! WOW... IMO of course...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I actually think they did a little better job with the graffics this year. I sure would have liked to see a new gauge cluster, and a new gas gauge that was actually useful.
I don't want to sound like a doo basher though. I still like my doo over the other manufacturers. And if the gas gauge is my biggest complaint, then I think they are doing a pretty darn good job.
I've been thinking of trading in the MXZ for a GSX...really like the wifes, and I like the new colors for the limited....so maybe I will get of my wallet and get a new one this year.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Hey, did anyone else notice that the rs package hoods don't have grills, just cut slots in them. Why could this be?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts