Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
The Corporate Corner...

Is it staying or is it going? I've been working with BRP for months trying to figure out that very question. But first some History...

I am the originator of the Corporate Corner, not BRP, but me. DOOTalk.com is an internet business. Yes, it started as a hobby, but it is now a full fledged business with business expenses, business paperwork, and business time commitments. The odd thing about a discussion site being a web based business is that you don't sell anything to the people that walk through your virtual door. They come in, they look around, they chat with other people, and they leave. Well, that's a bad financial deal. So, how do you pay for the equipment, supplies, and time involved in keeping the doors open? Yup, you got it, advertising. But companies want to advertise where the traffic is and that means the site has to be a great place for its members. So, how do I, the owner of the business, make DOOTalk.com the most enjoyable and informative Ski-Doo site on the web.

My answer... Offer the site members something they can not get anyplace else. Take a look at DOOTalk.com and compare it to other forum sites. We're different. From the site guidelines to the features we offer, from the contests to the DOOCrew club membership, we are different. We even have a Pro Snocross racer hitting the tracks each weekend...and we, the DOOTalk.com community, made that happen. I'm not saying DOOTalk.com is better, just different.

What does this have to do with the Corporate Corner and BRP's involvement at all? I thought that as the owner of a site dedicated to Ski-Doo snowmobile discussion, that if I could get an inside view, some inside info, some direct contact with the people that build the machines we love to ride, it would offer the site something ONLY available at DOOTalk.com...something different.

So, that being said, when I finally had some interaction with BRP, I approached them asking them for the Corporate Corner feature. For various reasons it has been difficult for them to deliver to our, and even their, expectations. They get a lot of questions, they have few people to handle getting them answered, and it takes more time then they have available to support it to the appropriate level. As I said at the beginning of this post, I have been working with them on the future of the DOOTalk.com/BRP relationship. I would expect the Corporate Corner to go away. In fact, I'll take away the forum today so that people can stop worrying about it. Hopefully we will have an official statement from BRP on the Corporate Corner and their involvement with the site very soon.

Despite any decisions on the Corporate Corner, I will continue to work with BRP to try to bring product news and other information to the DOOTalk.com community. It is a way to make DOOTalk.com a better place and bring features and content that are not available anywhere else on the web...period!

Thanks for listening.

-Craig

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.