Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local club held a Ride For Dad fundraiser today, raising money for cancer. Disappointing turnout, but we did have a nice day for it, so my wife decided to come and bring the boy along.

Raring to go!

07-Ride%252520for%252520dad%252520007.JP

Out on the trail

12733453_1290943554266201_40585972362952

Sound asleep

12729133_10153758666521348_8825811739559

Chillaxing at the warm up shelter

12742356_10153758660831348_5617322798471

Can't wait to be buying him his first sled. :buddies:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Awesome good on ya. Gotta break them in early. My two month old made her madden voyage three weeks ago to the cabin. Wasn't so warm but she dident even know she left the house till she woke up in the cabin lol. Nuttin like a skidoo ride to put kids asleep. I wanted to go on the ride but on shift till Monday. Too bad more people never showed for it. It was a beautiful day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
My little guy will be 3 next month and since he was 2 he's been driving himself to daycare on my Tundra 300f. I sit on the back and help to turn the machine but he does all the driving. Little hands are too small to hold around the handle bars when using the throttle but he has excellent throttle control, he gets a lot of smiles. We live in a culture where ski doo driving is a necessary skill and don't worry, I'm in full control sitting on back but it's great to know he can drive and is growing up loving it. We have a 120 machine for him but are waiting for warmer weather to let him have it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Us too on starting them young. My son's hands were small and weak too where the throttle was concerned. We remember that we had to stop the procession to allow him to have "a thumb break" when it got too much for him.

·
Registered
522 Posts
05d4221a9445dcdfa3a2ba0fe3ea7316.jpg

My little guy trying out his kamatic in the back yard. He's also getting pretty good at driving me around at the cabin on the SWT in Eco mode lol you can tell when his thumb gets tired cause the throttle becomes more of a on off switch haha. Won't be long Newfiebullet and you'll be at this sitting in mommys arms ain't gunna cut it any more lol

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
I haven't taken the boy out yet (still less than a year), but the sisters (3,4,6) all love going for rides. I stick two on the passenger seat. Occasionally for very short rides, I stick the 3rd in front of me, but that makes me nervous. The oldest has managed a couple day trips about 200 miles last year. not much of a season this year though. Just a few trips to the farm for the girls so far. I've got too many kids too close together. It would take investing in a fleet of kitty cats if I went that route.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

My little guy trying out his kamatic in the back yard. He's also getting pretty good at driving me around at the cabin on the SWT in Eco mode lol you can tell when his thumb gets tired cause the throttle becomes more of a on off switch haha. Won't be long Newfiebullet and you'll be at this sitting in mommys arms ain't gunna cut it any more lol

That's adorable.

·
Registered
648 Posts

Nice kamatic

·
Registered
522 Posts
A local guy made it. It's really impressive actually. Lots of attention to detail. Made like a full size one runners n all. Beautiful job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts