Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some bibs, jackets, gloves, helmets etc. for myself, the wife & my son. Just wondering what after market brands you've had and how good they are. I'm looking for the best quality and value. Of course I don't think I needed to write that. I'm pretty sure that's what most people want. lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought an Ice Rider suit 5 years ago, still looks good, no problems with seams coming out or any quality issues at all. And there's the extra safety of having a floater suit. Don't know if it REALLY works or not, haven't tried it out (the floating part anyways) but it's something to think about. It's also very warm, I'd definitely recommend it if warmth is an issue for you. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
I'm all Cold Waved out. I did a lot of searching around. In my opinion, I thought it was the best quality for what I could buy locally. I also liked the fact that I could try it on to check sizing. My buddy bought some clothing on-line to save some money, nothing fit when he received it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
All Coldwave Prostar cordura here, warm, durable, only complaint is that when I sit on my sled my front pants snap always pops, but that could be because of what I'm packin' underneath it LOL!

·
Registered
103 Posts
we have a guy that sells Choko gear up here, i absolutly love the stuff, very warm, very well built and half the price of the factory stuff.
Grant

·
Registered
757 Posts
Reima makes some of the best clothing in my opinion. If you look around at some snowmobile shows or at dealers after season you can get a good price. Otherwise they are expensive.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I use choko bibs and coat ,got it on sale at Nelsons in Greenville for about $100 .Very warm and water repellent.Id buy another set in a heartbeat.

·
ammunta katselija
1,698 Posts
beefcake887 said:
HJC Helmet
Fox Racing Jacket
Ski-Doo bibs
HJC Gloves

if you want layer i would buy some Under Armour
[snapback]274297[/snapback]​
I will add another vote for Reima. The factory doo stuff is good too. None of it is cheap though.

·
Registered
659 Posts
reima pants and coldwave jacket here, no complaints at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also give a vote to reima. I saw that you were from mich. but I found some really good deals at the auction in bronson mich. They have an auction on the 5th of next month. I am talking about the store on site also not the auction itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i bought a 1 piece north49 sled suit...truly waterproof and toasty warm...set me back 80 bucks at canadian tire...i know nobody wears the 1 piece anymore,but once ppl see me lookin good and stayin warm on the trail,well, my prediction is within 2 yrs.everybody is gonna HAVE to have 1

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have a pair of Reima "Holeshot" bibs... first "decent" pair I bought, got sick of having a wet butt. These keep me warm and dry.
I have a Doo jacket that I picked up for $150 at the Hastings show a couple years ago. Nice purpose-built jacket. My point here is that if you do want Doo gear, look offseason and you don't really have to pay more than "aftermarket" prices.
One other thing...if you can spare the cash, go big...you'll be saving in the long run when you don't have to re-buy your gear. Having a long trip ruined by cold, wet hands or butt really bites.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts