Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I had this happen to me 2 years ago.
I posted a note on our clubs forum & a fella found it & responded .
He took it home & PM'd me his address .
I left him an envelope with enough $ for a case of pops.
Always good to see honest folks .

·
Stay to the right, in your lane and slow down.
1,526 Posts
Ya got lucky.

Find loose things on the trail all the time I find from: wallets, purses, gloves, googles, cell phones/electronics, hats, bags, tools, gas cans, luggage pieces and all sorts of garbage, trash, blown belts and unfortunately beer cans. Try my best to find the owner (would love to find the owner of the trash items). If the device or item has contact information then I certainly contact the owner. If the device was in the immediate parking area of someplace such as a pub or gas station then I turn the item in at that location.

Otherwise if whereverland out on the trail, I will contact the groomer club and give them a description of what I have found along with my contact information so if someone contacts the groomer club the club can broker my contact information and I verify the item with the person that lost the item and send the item to the owner. I still have a few things from over the years. If I have something for a long period of time I pay it forward and typically donate to those that may find use or need it.

Sure I could go to the ends of the earth to try to find the owner of lost item but honestly I there is a limit to how much of my effort is going to go into restoring an item to the owner that lost it. The best way I have found is to notify the groomer club of the item I have in my possession as the most centralized contact I can imagine.

Put your contact information on items of value that could be lost. I do and have had lost items returned (A gps fell off a few years ago and I thought was obviously gone but I did have a label on the back with my contact information. I ended up getting a call in the late spring where someone found the gps when the snow melted. Unit was waterproof and still ok. I paid collect shipping and send an $25 applebee's gift card to the person that contacted me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts