Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I am going down a trail in some hardwoods and I am just about to brake before a turn and my left ski is barely off the last persons snowmobile track on the trail. All of a sudden BAM my sled turns sharp to the right and is headed for a huge tree. It turns out there is a tree stump that was covered with snow right there. The sudden impact throws me forward and I snap both handguards, I have no reaction time so I try and throw the sled to the right but it is on a slight incline so I couldnt get it to go. I am already half off the sled from the impact and all I see is this tree so I bail. The sled is probably going 25-30 mph and as I am flying parallel in the air with the sled to avoid the tree I hear, SMACK, CRUNCH, CRACK!!!
I end up landing about 15 ft. ahead of my sled and instantly pop up and my sled is still running. When I go over to the sled I see the right side (facing the snowmobile, left if you were sitting on it) is heavily damaged. The right ski (facing the sled) sits back about 4 inches from the other ski.

As far as damage goes maybe you guys can help me out as I need some parts. I already have the sled getting fixed right now but I am just looking for a rough idea on what this is costing me and maybe looking to pick up some of these parts. I need a whole new front nose bumper, a new right (facing the sled) A arm, a new right (facing the sled) side panel, and some major TLC!!

I guess the stump is too blame but the fact that left precision ski pushed right through the powder doesnt help out either. I am definately in the market for some C&A skis but we will see how much $ this cost me first
. I am very greatful that it is the sled that got hurt and not me but however it still hurts inside to see my sled beat up. I will see if I can post some pics later on but I pretty much already listed what I needed. Thanks for any help guys this site is great and I greatly appreciate anything that you guys can do!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mxzrevman said:
thats why i switched!!!!

there great on hardpack tight trails

but everywhere else....dangerous
[snapback]290288[/snapback]​
100% correct mxzrevman.... what ski's did you switch too?

·
Who Shot My Paw??
5,344 Posts
HammerRev85 said:
Well guys, I am going down a trail in some hardwoods and I am just about to brake before a turn and my left ski is barely off the last persons snowmobile track on the trail. All of a sudden BAM my sled turns sharp to the right and is headed for a huge tree. It turns out there is a tree stump that was covered with snow right there. The sudden impact throws me forward and I snap both handguards, I have no reaction time so I try and throw the sled to the right but it is on a slight incline so I couldnt get it to go. I am already half off the sled from the impact and all I see is this tree so I bail. The sled is probably going 25-30 mph and as I am flying parallel in the air with the sled to avoid the tree I hear, SMACK, CRUNCH, CRACK!!!
I end up landing about 15 ft. ahead of my sled and instantly pop up and my sled is still running. When I go over to the sled I see the right side (facing the snowmobile, left if you were sitting on it) is heavily damaged. The right ski (facing the sled) sits back about 4 inches from the other ski.

As far as damage goes maybe you guys can help me out as I need some parts. I already have the sled getting fixed right now but I am just looking for a rough idea on what this is costing me and maybe looking to pick up some of these parts. I need a whole new front nose bumper, a new right (facing the sled) A arm, a new right (facing the sled) side panel, and some major TLC!!

I guess the stump is too blame but the fact that left precision ski pushed right through the powder doesnt help out either. I am definately in the market for some C&A skis but we will see how much $ this cost me first
. I am very greatful that it is the sled that got hurt and not me but however it still hurts inside to see my sled beat up. I will see if I can post some pics later on but I pretty much already listed what I needed. Thanks for any help guys this site is great and I greatly appreciate anything that you guys can do!!

[snapback]290257[/snapback]​
Glad your OK,Put powder pros on mine,but what about slowing down a little?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad your OK,Put powder pros on mine,but what about slowing down a little?

[snapback]290307[/snapback]​
[/quote]

mombo, I know it seems fast but the trail was straight and I was just about to brake for a turn... Anyways how do your powder pros handle the packed/groomed trails??

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had a similar incident. I was ridind down a trail that whent along a ditch and had my left ski 2 inches into the powder i hit a stump darted to right the first mailbox had a flimsy metal post that put small scratch in my A-arm and the next 2 were 4x4 posts, snapped em right off, man that bumper is stronger than I thought, not even a scratch in it, luckly the posts appered to be old so they probly werent that strong.

·
SOYFSOTT
1,024 Posts
mxzrevman said:
a riding buddy of mine has the pp's on his gade...he loves them
[snapback]290338[/snapback]​
yup and i learned the hard way.

btw: hows the sled coming?

we had a great ride this week. although no one wanted to do a night ride.

we would had been out all night!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ttt anybody know where I can get some parts or some good prices on C&A's

·
Registered
541 Posts
[

[snapback]290257[/snapback]​
[/quote]
bummer!! sorry for your luck, your the second one on here today with damage. glad you're ok.
i really liked my precision skis. bite like no others. but i did'nt like the darting on frozen or hard packed surfaces. i just changed mine to the flex ski's this weekend and installed dooly 6 inch carbides on them and they work awesome!! really easy to steer and bite the trail really well. still a little loose but that's what makes them so easy to drive with. ABSOLUTELY NO DARTING AT ALL!! not as good for really agressive riding like the precisions are but if you're only riding agressive 10% of the time!!?? it dose'nt balance out!! the flex ski's are awesome and really give you that corvette like handling and really easy comfortable steering. well worth the money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts