Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to purchase a Tex vest for this season I wear a large jacket and wanna make sure with the vest it won’t be to tight. A extra large jacket would be way to big on me.
Also I'm using a open face helmet and wonder how do I keep the back of my neck warm. Last year had snow dust down my neck and back. Would a neck dickie stop that? My balaclava is not long enough to tuck that far down in plus it always seems to pull out. Thanks for any input. Hopefully we all have a great season.

·
Registered
10,577 Posts
I normally wear XXL stuff and my Tek-Vest is an XL so maybe go one size smaller than your jacket / typical t-shirt.

I don’t have much experience with open face in the snow, only dirt bikes in the summer. But this is supposedly the best balaclava for open face helmets in cold weather. A buddy of mine got one last year and said it works pretty good.

·
Super Moderator
31,976 Posts
^^^ Good info on both accounts.

The price for the Kilm head sock is crazy but we'll worth it.

If you have a snow show in your area you might be able try some on for size.

Most importantly you've made the decision to wear one - GREAT decision.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I went to the dealer with my jacket and tried everything on. I tried both large and XL vests. I tried the large first, and that fit but it felt like it sat high up on my waist and I wanted more upper hip and kidney protection. The XL is slightly loose at its tightest setting but covers lower down my body. I also sat on a sled with it, and it does not touch the seat, so it won't ride up. My jacket is an un-insulated KLIM. It all seems to fit well and allows movement.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also looking at 509 2.0 carbon helmet and new fly formula carbon fiber helmet wondering which one is the better helmet. The quick release is nice on 509 but have heard they have cheapened up their helmets compared to fly.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you don't want to buy the spendy Klim balaclava, I use one of these with a cheap balaclava to keep my neck / upper back warm.

I will half to look into that. Hoping to find something at snow show in Syracuse. At least I can try things on. Really interested to see how 509 compares to fly carbon fiber helmet

·
Super Moderator
31,976 Posts
I will half to look into that. Hoping to find something at snow show in Syracuse. At least I can try things on. Really interested to see how 509 compares to fly carbon fiber helmet
TekVest should be at the Syracuse show.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So any ideas on 509 2.0 carbon with fidlock or fly formula carbon fiber mx helmet? I have a fly 2 now nice helmet but breath box is to tight. Wondering if one of the other 2 would be better fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts