boost junkie
10,695 Posts
my sled made it in the 150mph club sunday
the 1200 on on the first day of testing did a 8.66 @152
Chris

·
Registered
410 Posts
That thing is gonna rock for sure. Not bad, to go in the 8's in three passes since it was built for asphalt. Can't wait to take it out & help fine tune everything. Would be nice to put the first Doo in the 7's. I like the new standalone efi system.

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
my sled made it in the 150mph club sunday
the 1200 on on the first day of testing did a 8.66 @152
Chris

Cool Beans! That's fast! I noticed in the initial credits to the video there's a ad for Tial. RUnning a TIal setup with the external wastegate? Only guys I've seen do that is OVS and looks like a really nice setup.

·
Registered
876 Posts
good job Chris, look you finaly resolve the clue with the standalone, keep us posted

·
boost junkie
10,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats one stops video and he always puts adds in his videos
I am using a standard gt2871
but Jim wants me to upgrade...
the osp efi system has lots of goodies

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is the OSP EFI there own setup ? I keep seeing a reference to BS3 on their site? So are they using their own box or a BS3?

Thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Andy, the 60's were in the 1.30's (not good). But not too bad considering it only has 6 passes on it.

OSP uses BS3 on there 4 cyl efi systems. The 3 cyl. standalone is a different efi company with Jim's wiring harness, sensors & hard work to make it work on snowmobiles.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
It is a challenge to get these turbo sleds to sixty good, a little lag combined with the stutter not having the clutch engaged, it will take some time but 8.60's @150+ first time out is awesome! Congrats to everyone involved.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm amazed at how these engines are holding up. That motor is still bone stock & unopened. It has had a rough life & still runs like a top. Turbo lag with that standalone is zero. It can leave with as much boost as you want (which is nice). There are some serious improvements to be made on the sled as this testing session was with a fairly mild tune by Jim's standards. It will be at the IHRA event on the 12th &13th of August along with 7 other sleds for what everyone hopes to be an all 7 second sled shootout.

·
Registered
410 Posts
One Stop Performance is the only guy that has them in this part of the country. They have a website. The efi boxes are only sold by dealers, the manufacturer will not sell directly to the public. Contact Jim @ One Stop he will tell you everything you want to know, keep in mind Chris's sled is the first 4tec running this system but it is pretty easy to tune and worked flawlessly. I liked the data logging, back pressure reading, two-step & a few other neat functions on the system.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
One Stop Performance is the only guy that has them in this part of the country. They have a website. The efi boxes are only sold by dealers, the manufacturer will not sell directly to the public. Contact Jim @ One Stop he will tell you everything you want to know, keep in mind Chris's sled is the first 4tec running this system but it is pretty easy to tune and worked flawlessly. I liked the data logging, back pressure reading, two-step & a few other neat functions on the system.
There are other stand alone systems coming, we have one coming to be tested by the middle of this month.looks like something that will works for racing and the lake guys.

But as someone said for all out performance you ahve to go standalone as addon's like RB3 and others only do 1/2 the job

Cliff Yeatman

·
Registered
632 Posts
There are other stand alone systems coming, we have one coming to be tested by the middle of this month.looks like something that will works for racing and the lake guys.

But as someone said for all out performance you ahve to go standalone as addon's like RB3 and others only do 1/2 the job

Cliff Yeatman
Has anyone tried any other setups like BS3, Motec, Fast or even Megasquirt?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Has anyone tried any other setups like BS3, Motec, Fast or even Megasquirt?
I haven't heard of any others on the 4tec. I heard John at BS3 will not write the code for a 3 cyl. because its not worth the time investment for the money to be made back in sales. You could do megasquirt, motec or fast yourself, but synching up the timing sensors, & tuning from the get go would take a long time. I think Jim has about a month into getting all the software & sensors to work together correctly not to mention getting the sled to run correctly. I like EMS ECU's myself, if I were going to do one, that's the one I would work with. Not a bad price & they can be order with all the sensors you need plus it seems to be very easy to work with. But I like to tune things so time wouldn't be an issue.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts