Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Not quite sure how these shields work. With the sled running and the shield plugged in, if I touch the probes of my mutitester to the 2 wire attachments on the sheild, I get 12v. If I switch the probes, I get nothing.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
369 Posts
You should get voltage either way, u sure your getting a good test point?
If there is voltage to the shield it should work! if not it could be shorted or open. use your meter on ohms (resistance) and check for continuity across the shield!
I'd say it is open (infinity-O/L) on your meter.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
If it works now it will quit some time soon, they suck, I had one and all it does it get in the way with the cord. I just crack the sheild and keep air flowing, watch my breath and open up when I get warm. Also keep your head dry, it is where most moisture comes from. The best are the ones with all the lines accross like an auto glass but the lines make you weird out when you focus on them.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Start at the jack on the sled and test. Then plug cord in and check at end of cord. Polarity doesnt matter your meter will just read "-" if you reverse the leads. Depending on the brand shield you might be able to test for voltage but on continuity if you have a "beep" thats good. Resistance should be a 2 digit number like 18 ohms.

G

·
Boj said:
All,

Not quite sure how these shields work. With the sled running and the shield plugged in, if I touch the probes of my mutitester to the 2 wire attachments on the sheild, I get 12v. If I switch the probes, I get nothing.

Any ideas?
[snapback]739649[/snapback]​
you do realize that the more throttle you give it.....the more the shield gets hot......just like the warmers. put your helmet on ride around........ahh smell the plastic......you know its on when you can. also shield works better if hand/thumb arent on......if you need more juice to see...than hands being warm....turn em off till your cruising. ive had one on this sled for almost 4 seasons......no probs ever. how can you ride with shield cracked open, especially when it 40 below.......your eyes tear....or worse catch some trail debris in your eye......ah that feels good too.........that trick doesnt work all the time,especially in freezing rain!. when its super cold out.....youll be glad you have one,...because you see guys riding that are struggling to see through a 1 inch square thats clear........thats dangerous at high speeds. check the wires going to shield......they crap out alot....so i just always bring extra rca jacks from my stereo....lol you laugh,...it has saved my @ss many times........and some non believers as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts