Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the opportunity to test run a 600 HO Fusion today. We traded sleds for abt. 50 miles and all I can say is wow! That thing is incredible. Excellent linear throttle responce,ride quality,breaking,handling. Its all there. I really liked the adjustable steering post.
IMO! its every bit as good as the rev. DOO better come up with somthing new soon or they will be left behind. Ok all you bleed yellow DOO lovers BASH AWAY! BTW I finally got my sled back the other day and so far so good but Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
A buddy of mine has the Fusion and it is nice. Goes through the bumps very well, but for me it's just not comfortable, and it doesn't corner like a REV either. Not saying it can't be dialed in, but he hasn't found the sweet spot yet. But, all-in-all a decent sled. It isn't any faster than my SDI and it is a lot harder on fuel too. For now, I'll stick with Doo.

·
Registered
605 Posts
SledGab said:
The Fusion may be a good sled but it is so ugly....
[snapback]710887[/snapback]​
I remember everyone else telling us that about the rev back in 03.... lol
But don't worry, I'm not going over to the darkside anytime soon...

·
I might be dumb, but I’m not stupid!
1,296 Posts
I would hit my knees too much on a Fusion, plus sightlines suck, dont forget about chaincase in the footwell, Polaris really rushed this into production

·
Registered
67 Posts
i heard the 05Fusions have a sh&%ty motor, the cranks arent balanced and it vibrates like no other.Ride it for 2 hours and you get off with a woody.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i wouldnt look for polaris or yamaha to be taking over lead sales position for quite some time, the lead doo has jumped out to is far too much to overcome in 1 or 2 years, and that is only if doo sits on their "edit for bad language" and does nothing new, not a likely scenario

·
Snowtard
2,587 Posts
Oh my!
Now there will 554,988 Revs and 1 Fusion!

Tuesday I was at thug hill taking a break at an intersection. 2 Fusions (or whatever they call them) came to a stop at the stop sign and took off. You want to talk about drivetrain noise!! Wow, they sounded like to old conveyor belts going by. I reminded me of the constant chaincase noise my 01 pro-x 600 had. The chaincase noise, especially during braking, was louder than the engine!

Listen dude, there is nobody buying these things. Do yourself a favor and stay on the REV, there is a reason they are #1 with basicly no competition. Besides that, they could be the ugliest snowmobile I have ever seen and that includes 68 sno-wips, 71 massey's ect ect ect. Personaly, if Polaris is still building sleds in 5 years from now I will be suprised. Hell, they quit building watercraft because they were getting thier asses kicked there also.....It's your coin, spend it wizely!

·
Registered
334 Posts
shoot ive only seen about 20 fusions out on the trails this winter and ive been riding alot. but seen about 23423434 rev's

·
Super Moderator
29,355 Posts
SDrev8HO said:
shoot ive only seen about 20 fusions out on the trails this winter and ive been riding alot. but seen about 23423434 rev's
[snapback]711614[/snapback]​
Same on Tug Hill. We went last Wednesday and I was noticing the traffic was:
1)Revs - by far
2)Various old iron
3)an equal mix of Yammi's and Fusions - and not many of either.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Doo already hass a upgraded rev in the works dont you worry....but how much better can it be???
MUCH! the difference between an 03 and an 06 rev is dramatic so there is more thy can doo!

Same on Tug Hill. We went last Wednesday and I was noticing the traffic was:
1)Revs - by far
2)Various old iron
3)an equal mix of Yammi's and Fusions - and not many of either.
I saw it pretty much the same way in another post on thursday:

85% REVs (and I saw every rev model even a summit!)
10% cheese graters
5% fusions, apex, crossfire

I think the Poo classic is a more interesting sled than the fusion, has the m-10 and all... but both the fusion and the apex are knee breakers!

BTW - I will add that it is nice to see the other players getting back into the game, and while no rev beaters or equals for that matter, it sure beats them all saying the REV was a flash-in-the-pan!

On the hill we routinely have some of the bumpiest conditions on the planet... in Quebec for example, all sleds work well and you just pick the one that fits YOU best... on the Hill there is little choice...

and to finish.. I think the REV is STILL the ugliest sled on the snow! and that is OK with me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts