Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 800 Renegade, mxz chassis. I was running a rail grade at about 90 and the engine just quit on me. The speedo and tach stuck in place. When I pulled the recoil, it was froze solid. After waiting 15 minutes, it pulled like normal, the sled started and ran fine the rest of the trip. I have a temperature gauge that I look at often and it never got close to hot during the run. Any ideas???

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Pull the head and look at the damage. If not too severe, run it. My wifes sled had a slight sieze 5 miles into the rebuild. Pulled the head. Had one small scratch mag side intake and a small sieze about 1 inch from bottom on pto. Figured it was old gas. Show dealer, he sais he's seen worse. Put it together, do periodic compression tests, and run it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lakelandsledder said:
Pull the head and look at the damage. If not too severe, run it. My wifes sled had a slight sieze 5 miles into the rebuild. Pulled the head. Had one small scratch mag side intake and a small sieze about 1 inch from bottom on pto. Figured it was old gas. Show dealer, he sais he's seen worse. Put it together, do periodic compression tests, and run it.
[snapback]684794[/snapback]​
Check your plug color once in a while right after you run it wide open to make sure its not to white.

·
Registered
377 Posts
just a typical "cold seize" usually always happens at wfo or near wfo. Have had it done many times, even with the race bikes and the real blessing is the nickasil coatings. If you don't destroy a piston, just lette'r cool down and continue on.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You got lucky but I'd still tear it down for inspection. What does the most damage is when the alum scuffs it can find its way up into the ring land, either sticking the ring or preventing it's free movement. The ring is hard enough to tear the nicsilal up bad enough that you can't clean it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.