Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 440. Want to set up the Tempaflow. Where exactly do I need to drill the whole in the carb? Which carb should I do this to? Where in the air box should I mount it? And the lines that are on top, are those just the lines that are already on the carb? I just need to hook it up to the T's and then up to the side of the actual tempaflow through the air box? What did you guys use to keep that fitting hooked up to the carb without falling off? Thanks. I got the kit last week and the directions got all wet and now I cant see the pics or read much of it. I was pretty sure how to hook it up though. Plus I just looked at the diagram on their website. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and I think I am gonna run 340's with 35 pilots. Sound good??? I have stock gasket and pump needles. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
on the snow pro or "D" shaped carbs, you have to drill the hole in the carb body in a very precise manor. talk to rev baron, he can help you ALOT! he will be able to help with the jetting and venting set up as well. ski

·
Registered
491 Posts
Rucraz2 said:
anyone?
[snapback]292052[/snapback]​
rucraz, that tempaflow will get your venting in airbox like all the 03's so jetting will be very close minus the boost bottle which isn't going to be major..... I put tempaflow on this year and am very very impressed ,stepped up mains one and pilot up one step. my 03 got 7mpg like a clock now its 10 and even 10.5 gets about 1/2 to 1 gal better then my buds rev 500ss gsx w/03 440 shocks and skid, when we fill. Before it was opposite and worse. plus we were always close on get-up with him getting bragging rights, now that changed too ,at least on bragging rights. He's putting tempaflow on this week so we'll see. ........................... I put hole in mag side carb and so when carb is installed the fitting is on right side of carb too. the hole is drilled so the fitting intrudes a little into carb and the slide will hit it when it is down and not let slide come down all the way. the scarest part was cutting corner of slide off, so it could come all the way down again. I mounted my zip gun in vise and held slide up to it to cut edge off about 1/4 " at a 45 degree angle. ended up taking the rounded edges off right up to body of slide,on that one corner .( you'll see when you look at slide from bottom what I mean.) put some red locite on fitting, tapped it into place to stay ,routed line from there to airbox intake on door panel ,opened up box drilled hole in shelf to mount thingamajeg so it won't move around, hook your vent lines from carbs together and run that one line to the thingamajeg too and your in business. I used a couple of hose clamps on each side of thingamajig w/ shelf holding it in place. 350/340 ,40 pilot ,my stock needle 3 clip, air screw 1 1/2 out , # 3 base gasket, joes clutch kit ,.85 lug track , stock gears ,summit windsheild, consumer seat w/ trunk. 99 mph on hard pack , 91 to 93 mph anywhere somewhat decent. trying one step lighter susp.springs this week ... embarrasses most trail sleds even on topend and thats not BS .... can't tell you how many people have told me ," thats no 440 " . I hope you can enjoy the little 440 as much as I do. Best darn sled I've ever owned.. and I'm old. good luck..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts