Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordering a tekvest next week. Which model do you like? Is the trail pro really $100 better than the base model? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator - East Coast Tony
900T XRS
55,409 Posts
I have the Freestyle and like it a lot.

·
Hoping for snow
3,260 Posts
I have the super sport and I like it. Never had to test it's effectiveness but I don't find my movement impacted and the pockets are handy. Good for keeping your cell warm.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Get one with a solid chest plate meaning no zipper or your defeating the purpose.
Agreed, i would suggest not getting a zip up one also. I have the sx style and cut off the floppy arm pieces as soon as i got it. I have owned both types and sold the zip up and wouldnt buy another. For one the solid front provides more protection. But... To me, they fit a lot different and i dont like the fit of the zip up one. But my sx one is comfy and not irritating to wear for long periods of time. Either way, a tecvest is a smart investment.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agreed, i would suggest not getting a zip up one also. I have the sx style and cut off the floppy arm pieces as soon as i got it. I have owned both types and sold the zip up and wouldnt buy another. For one the solid front provides more protection. But... To me, they fit a lot different and i dont like the fit of the zip up one. But my sx one is comfy and not irritating to wear for long periods of time. Either way, a tecvest is a smart investment.
Can you adjust the shoulder/chest on the sx style one? As in up and down...

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
The only adjustment is where the buckle close is on the side, and its about midway between chest and waist. And it would be looser/tighter. Not up and down.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Tekrider will tell you the full plate offers more protection than the zipper front. I use the prolite max

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
Why are the zip ones bad?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They aren't necessarily bad.. it just creates a seam where you'd want protection. Solid front would be better protection

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
I guess, doesnt seem like that big of a protection deficit to me. Maybe it is, I dunno.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why do you think the trail pro is so much more than the super sport?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hard to distribute an impact force across a zipper! Also would you wear a bullet proof vest that had a zipper up the front? Any one would be better than nothing but I would choose one with large panels that can effectively distribute a impact force over a larger area and not fold in right where you need it most.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts