Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, O.k first night ride last night and i hit the rer button by mistake wile i was trying to change low beams. I was crusing at 25-30 when i noticed it i started to slow right down and hit the button again I was just wondering if i did anything? thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
Manual says that, that button function is disabled when sled is moving forward. The sled will only engage into reverse when it is at a stop.

·
Registered
915 Posts
stillen said:
Manual says that, that button function is disabled when sled is moving forward. The sled will only engage into reverse when it is at a stop.
[snapback]257002[/snapback]​
Well then the manuals wrong then because I have done it too many times to count.I think the rpm's have to be kinda low to make it work though.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Unless there is a malfunction somewhere the RER button is disabled when the engine is reving more then 3000rpm.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Plush said:
Unless there is a malfunction somewhere the RER button is disabled when the engine is reving more then 3000rpm.

[snapback]257138[/snapback]​
My 04 SDI muat have a major malfunction, because I tried to dim the lights at night and i hit the RER button instead by accident. I was going 60MPH, and the sled just shut down like i hit the Kill switch and when it stopped it fired right up and was beeping (meaning it was in Reverse). I was freaked out, because that button is easy to mix up at night because its not lite up!

Is mine the only one that does this? (wouldn't suprise me!
)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Both my wifes 04 600sdi and my 800x powertek do it at any speed... Now it will not go into reverse until the sled stops... However as Deadman states, it feels like you hit the kill switch at 60mph...Once you stop it fires in reverse... Had a buddy almost rear end me cause I came to a stop pretty quick with no break lights on! Just a warning boyz! It will kill your sled at any speed...

·
Registered
165 Posts
My 04 SDI muat have a major malfunction, because I tried to dim the lights at night and i hit the RER button instead by accident. I was going 60MPH, and the sled just shut down like i hit the Kill switch and when it stopped it fired right up and was beeping (meaning it was in Reverse). I was freaked out, because that button is easy to mix up at night because its not lite up!

)
[snapback]257285[/snapback]​
[/quote]
no your not the only one, my will do the same thing if i hit the rer button when i am riding

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
04800renegade said:

)
[snapback]257285[/snapback]​
no your not the only one, my will do the same thing if i hit the rer button when i am riding

[snapback]257315[/snapback]​
[/quote]

So will mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! First time it happened I wondered.......what the he77????????? I wish these 2 switches were a little farther apart but glad to see Im not the only one that has had this problem...BTY I havent noticed any problems with the sled since that has happened.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
chriscrash28 said:
Both my wifes 04 600sdi and my 800x powertek do it at any speed... Now it will not go into reverse until the sled stops... However as Deadman states, it feels like you hit the kill switch at 60mph...Once you stop it fires in reverse... Had a buddy almost rear end me cause I came to a stop pretty quick with no break lights on! Just a warning boyz! It will kill your sled at any speed...
[snapback]257308[/snapback]​
Fricken EXACTELY, my buddy almost smoked my taillight because it was OFF and the sled was shutting down. He luckily blew past me and stopped to see if I blew up or what happened. It was a Helpless feeling, because I had no power to move over, no taillight to flash at him, and I was a sitting duck on the side of the trail in the dark!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I did the same thing, went to hit the high beam swicth and I hit the RER.
Nothing happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts