Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Enduro and I am going to swap tracks in the next couple weeks. First question:

Will a 137x16x1.75 fit??? Next, do I have to remove the tunnel protectors or will it clear ok??

I looked on a lot of older BCX parts list and they show the same part number for the tunnel

protectors. I didn't think you needed big ones with a non studded track??? If it has a problem

can I remove them or shave them down??? Thanks!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No modifications needed. Just put the track on.
I see you have a 2014 BCX. Does it have tunnel protectors??? Mine are 2 different sizes, that's what it

looked like when I looked under it a few weeks ago. They looked pretty big.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply. Just wondered, thought ski doo may have put 1/2 " ones just

in case your track gets loose and skids on the tunnel. With shorty protectors it would

skid on them, not that rubber would destroy things like metal studs would!!! LOL!! Must

be more room than I thought between track and tunnel. Only way to find out is to tear

into it in a couple weeks!!!! I want to get rid of them anyways because I saw a few people

talking about ice bridges forming on them and preventing snow from hitting exchangers

under the right conditions.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I see you have a 2014 BCX. Does it have tunnel protectors??? Mine are 2 different sizes, that's what it
looked like when I looked under it a few weeks ago. They looked pretty big.
I sold that and have a 2016 XRS gade with a 1.75 and 2016 900 with a 1.25 studded. They all use the same tunnel protectors that are two piece with the thicker section in the back. That is where you are most likely to have contact with a stud. I have used the same set up and received it from a dealer for 1-1.75 studded tracks.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
You don't need them with a 1.75 unstudded, but it's not going to hurt anything leaving them there. Never heard or had an issue with ice bridging.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Looks like there is plenty of room, even with the 1 3/4 track. Well, I 'll find out in a couple weeks. Let you all know!!

Finally got a chance to see my old BCX 2011, and it never had any installed. Looks like it
won't take too long to remove rear flap and bumper and remove them. I think it would eliminate
all problems getting rid of them and having a bc type track installed!!!! Let you all know
next year if I have any High Temp issues or if they are cured!!!!

·
Registered
528 Posts
003.JPG Installed new 1 3/4 track. Looks like the track belongs on this sled!!!! Also have 6.9 ski's with red

loops!! Removed tunnel protectors also! This is going to cure my 5 bar temp issue, pretty confident!!

Let you all know how it works next season!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
003.JPGInstalled new 1 3/4 track. Looks like the track belongs on this sled!!!! Also have 6.9 ski's with red
loops!! Removed tunnel protectors also! This is going to cure my 5 bar temp issue, pretty confident!!
Let you all know how it works next season!!
That looks like a beast!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, became addicted to the 1.75 track for 2 reasons. One, I just sold
my 2011 BCX and two, we had a couple good winters with lots of deep snow!
I watch other friends get stuck while I would glide right past them. Skid
plate, fatty ski's and 16" wide track make a huge difference over a standard
renegade 1.25 track!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts