Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TEAM Tied on my 2011, but was wondering how to float it. I have read about a different plug that allows the clutch to float? Is this needed with the Tied setup? Has anyone done this to their clutch? If so, where can I find the parts needed to make this clutch float?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I have a TEAM Tied on my 2011, but was wondering how to float it. I have read about a different plug that allows the clutch to float? Is this needed with the Tied setup? Has anyone done this to their clutch? If so, where can I find the parts needed to make this clutch float?

Thanks
bolt and a few washers and your done

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bolt and a few washers and your done
How is it set up? Does anyone have any pictures. I would like to set it up to float, just wanna know how to do so. I haven't taken the clutch off yet, but I'm assuming the bolt just comes out as it is right now. Do you simply put a slightly longer bolt in place of the original?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
How is it set up? Does anyone have any pictures. I would like to set it up to float, just wanna know how to do so. I haven't taken the clutch off yet, but I'm assuming the bolt just comes out as it is right now. Do you simply put a slightly longer bolt in place of the original?
Just a longer bolt won't work.... you need a 'plug' to take up the space inside the secondary. I make mine 1/4" longer than the space so with the bolt tightened up to the spacer, you then get 1/8" float in and out. I agree, it should come with the team secondary. Mine are $25 shipped but just need to know the length from the jackshaft end inside to the face of the team secondary. I'll custom make you anything you need to make it work......

Attachments

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
If you need to ask then I suggest going with Ducks kit, He already has done the thinking for you.They do work well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a longer bolt won't work.... you need a 'plug' to take up the space inside the secondary. I make mine 1/4" longer than the space so with the bolt tightened up to the spacer, you then get 1/8" float in and out. I agree, it should come with the team secondary. Mine are $25 shipped but just need to know the length from the jackshaft end inside to the face of the team secondary. I'll custom make you anything you need to make it work......
Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll measure it next time I work in the shop, and will PM you with the measurement. i'm assuming I'll need a longer bolt afterwards? Have you made a spacer for the TEAM Tied on an XP already?

Mike

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll measure it next time I work in the shop, and will PM you with the measurement. i'm assuming I'll need a longer bolt afterwards? Have you made a spacer for the TEAM Tied on an XP already?

Mike
Well, the bolt only really needs to be 1/4" longer. If you can find a bolt, great. I have not done a spacer for a Team tied yet. I ran a Team roller on my 2008 that I made a spacer for at that time. That spacer ended up being 3/8" longer than my normal rev spacers and worked great. My geuss is that the measurement you will come up with from the shaft to the face of the tied secondary will be 2-1/4" but I'm not sure. Let me know when you can.....

cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts