Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Clutch questions here (Secondary)

Just finally got out this weekend--> Switched from the QRS Set up that was way out and dusting belts like crazy to the Team set up out of a 2015 RS. I've got an 800 Renegade, and i was suprised at how great it works. Top end is suffering, which was expected. The big problem is--> No reverse!

Questions

1. What do I need to convert the team clutch to RER capable, and what spring should it be running?

2. I was told I can use a rev style secondary from say, and 800 HO? Cheaper route im assuming, however would it be doing myself an injustice performance wise?

Other than that, this thing runs almost luke warm to the touch, with full belt cover on, after repeated WOT lake pulls, and has impressive backshift!

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
The reverse cams will have a notch in the cam so the rollers can lock in. Your gonna loose a couple mph. Team only has 10% overdrive.

·
Registered
996 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1453137542900.jpg

Pretty easy to machine the reverse notches into the helix. I bought the recommended springs and helix for my mxz 700 but I liked the set-up that came in the clutch better so I machined the helix to be an er helix

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So am I better off with a Rev Secondary to get back top end? Or should I continue with just getting a reverse Cam for the Team secondary?

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
New tss-04 is roughly $249. If your not worried about 2-3mph loss the team is a very versatile clutch. Sad your having issues with the qrs.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Looks like you need to shim the driven out. Hard to tell without having a belt in there. It's fixable.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Don't waste you money on the old 800HO clutch. Work with the Team or fix your QRS issues. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Pictures showing alignment can be very misleading based on camera angles. Use an alignment tool and get it spot on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts