Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading up on and following the progress of the team roller secondary driven clutch and it's efficiency to eliminate scrub and heating up. polaris has purchased the right to use them and many racers are now using them. BUT!! i need information from experienced trail riders as to whether they are as good for our trail sleds and are there any quirks with set up or rer applications as has been posted here with the hyper=lite secondary clutches. any info would be really appreciated....thanks...don.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Its a fantastic secondary clutch for the money and very good in the trails hard to beat it really the paragon is better obvisously with parallel shifting sheves etc but for the money of a team roller its one of the best out there IMO. A perfect trail clutch forsure don't expect any more top end or anything like that its not capible of going faster then a stock seondary by any means. Consiquently I have one from last year with about 600 KM on it I don't need it anymore as my Mach Z has a roller on it factory I want 300.00 canadian shipped if your interested I also have 2 helix's and a couple springs I can sell ya cheap.

·
Premium Member
8,339 Posts
I have one on my sdi , much cooler belt temps than stock. Easy on belts and you can set up for very agressive upshift with primary and still backshift well for the trails.

·
Registered
457 Posts
They definately run cooler. When practicing on the wood chip track last year, my 03 440 belt was very warm on my friends 04 440, it was just like you drove it 1 mile at 30 mph. Definately a big difference. On the trail sled (04 600HOX) it worked well, but I am still working on a better set-up for it. Need some snow here.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
We did the ultimate test, 2 identical sleds one with one without, then swaped the secondary to the non equipped sled, same results, performance and increased fuel economy. But I guess you have tobe the judge. As far as I concerned I made a greater sled even greater with the addition (05 600 SDI ren).

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Don't eliminate the Hyperlite. It was designed and built by the person who designed the paragon and is claimed to be much more friendly then the paragon without expense of performance. As for the RER it looks like the problems people are having is due to improper setups (too much twist on the secondary spring). Any clutch that is setup wrong is not going to work very well. I personally have no experience with the Team and am not trying to knock it but I believe the Hyperlite cost less money and a lot of feedback and reports have suggested it is a better performing and cooler running clutch.

Another important thing to consider is tuning support from the company. Although some people have said they are having some problems reaching Chris lately this is mearly because he handling all support him self to ensure proper setup/tuning and has been handling a lot of calls because of the volume of clutches he has sold this year. I have heard seeveral reports the TEAM support/tunning help is non-existent. Not to mention I have seen serveral posts form people who have owned the TEAM and purchased a Hyperlite to compare and ended up selling the TEAM. Note: Team did come out with a new model this year so my references are obviously directed at the pre-05 model.

Eitherway they are both a huge improvement over stock, just thought I would share the info I have gathered.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
ttt for Don.

soon guy.....soon!

·
on a mission
819 Posts
I just tuned my Hyper-lite in today,I started at 20.9 grams of weight and spring tension on 5 with a helix angle at 48/40.then called Chris 3 times today for a better set up each time that he told me to do something it changed the pull of my sled.My sled feels awesome with my spring tension on 6 with black/white spring and pin weight at 18.3 grams.
All and all just consider the Hyper-lite.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
What are you running for a primary spring?

bm267 said:
I just tuned my Hyper-lite in today,I started at 20.9 grams of weight and spring tension on 5 with a helix angle at 48/40.then called Chris 3 times today for a better set up each time that he told me to do something it changed the pull of my sled.My sled feels awesome with my spring tension on 6 with black/white spring and pin weight at 18.3 grams.
All and all just consider the Hyper-lite.
[snapback]267201[/snapback]​

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Drifthopper said:
ttt for Don.

soon guy.....soon!

[snapback]266848[/snapback]​
haaaaaaaa!!! funny meeting you here drifthopper!!! lol...heeeeyyyyy!!! you look good on that rev!! been on there long??? any snow in your neck of the woods yet? keep your chin up...we'll be at er real soon. i'll e-mail you a good news bad news syndrome later...suess.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TheGhost said:
Its a fantastic secondary clutch for the money and very good in the trails hard to beat it really the paragon is better obvisously with parallel shifting sheves etc but for the money of a team roller its one of the best out there IMO. A perfect trail clutch forsure don't expect any more top end or anything like that its not capible of going faster then a stock seondary by any means. Consiquently I have one from last year with about 600 KM on it I don't need it anymore as my Mach Z has a roller on it factory I want 300.00 canadian shipped if your interested I also have 2 helix's and a couple springs I can sell ya cheap.
[snapback]266170[/snapback]​
thanks for the info ghost!! i considered the paragon but $1000 bucks??? it would have to work more than just better than the team roller. when an OEM picks up a product like the team roller...that makes a statement to me!! what did you have the secondary on and are the helixes rer capable? i don't expect any more top end from any different secondary... i do however want an increased accelleration from start to 3/4 throttle. did you get it tuned in on the sled you put it on and how did you gauge the difference between it and the stock secondary??did you run it against another sled of same size before and after or what can you tell me in that regards. e-mail me more info and we'll see if we can work something out on this. most importantly....is this secondary the new issue or the first issue they desinged?? is that 300 with or without the helixes and springs??

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Big Dog Racing Inc said:
Suess i put a team roller on my 800 ho ren, the new style and i figure i gained about 9-10 miles an hour.

Put a can on it and pin it dudes!

[snapback]266182[/snapback]​
WHAT??? you gained 9 or 10 mph on the top end just with the secondary change??? are you serious?? what about the midrange accelleration where i'm looking at?? tell me more!! don't tease us like that man!! tell us more!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
revmeup said:
and how's your RER working.
Mine is black white snd set on 4 and it still sux!
I can live without reverse but it is nice to have.
[snapback]267458[/snapback]​
that is the no 1 main reason i never seriously considered the hyper-lite secondary.. i cannot and will not sacrifice my reverse. i have spoken to several people with that same issue...also seems to be an issue with the back of the secondary rubbing on the speedometer sensor housing that covers the main drive shaft bearing. have you noticed this ?? or have you altered the housing fins so it dose'nt rub on it?? have you timed the difference in accelleration ? did it make any gains on the top end?? ...not that i would expect that. ANYBODY ELSE HAVE ISSUES WITH THE HYPER-LITE??? thanks for your reply...it is much appreciated and i doo need comparisons to back up my end choice.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
04renegade600ho said:
Don't eliminate the Hyperlite. It was designed and built by the person who designed the paragon and is claimed to be much more friendly then the paragon without expense of performance. As for the RER it looks like the problems people are having is due to improper setups (too much twist on the secondary spring). Any clutch that is setup wrong is not going to work very well. I personally have no experience with the Team and am not trying to knock it but I believe the Hyperlite cost less money and a lot of feedback and reports have suggested it is a better performing and cooler running clutch.

Another important thing to consider is tuning support from the company. Although some people have said they are having some problems reaching Chris lately this is mearly because he handling all support him self to ensure proper setup/tuning and has been handling a lot of calls because of the volume of clutches he has sold this year. I have heard several reports the TEAM support/tunning help is non-existent. Not to mention I have seen serveral posts form people who have owned the TEAM and purchased a Hyperlite to compare and ended up selling the TEAM. Note: Team did come out with a new model this year so my references are obviously directed at the pre-05 model.

Eitherway they are both a huge improvement over stock, just thought I would share the info I have gathered.
[snapback]266608[/snapback]​
thanks for your input!! i am slanted toward the team but the hyper-lite has more reported negative issues. you are right about the tuning support but i have many techies in the know as far as engine tuning and clutching goes that will help with the set-up. and yes i am focused on the new issue secondary. what are the best overall improvements from your secondary and do you have rer and if so do you have an issue with getting it into reverse?? what engine did you mount it on? your gade?? can you use the stock belts with it?? thanks again,,, we all need to read the info.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i don't think it was chris that came up with the paragon.......that was duane at hi-tech............used to be partners i think but have since gone their own way

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
suess said:
Big Dog Racing Inc said:
Suess i put a team roller on my 800 ho ren, the new style and i figure i gained about 9-10 miles an hour.

Put a can on it and pin it dudes!

[snapback]266182[/snapback]​
WHAT??? you gained 9 or 10 mph on the top end just with the secondary change??? are you serious?? what about the midrange accelleration where i'm looking at?? tell me more!! don't tease us like that man!! tell us more!!!

[snapback]267562[/snapback]​
Notice no one else even bothered responding to that rediculous statement. Theres no serious MPH gain with a team, unless the clutch youre replacing is messed up.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have been running a team for two years. No extra top end if both clutches are set up right. I did get about a .05 to .10 in sixty foot with it though. On the trail it works great. Always hear of no topend. I have never had that problem. Only thing I ever see from guys around here is they want to brag about how big a helix they can pull. I put a 70/44 in mine for about 2 passes. It sits on my shelf now. Slowed me right down. Think about a bit more weight and less helix I believe. I have talked to Team a few times and had good luck with them. Jim

1 - 20 of 50 Posts