Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a team TSS-98 used that came with no instructions. I just want to know how to tell which helix angle it is on. And how do i disassemble this thing.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You need a clutch tool to press it together or a buddy to stand on it while you take the big c_clip off the back, you can not use a needle nose pliers get a c clip tool from home depot or somewhere they are cheap the clip is really strong and it breaks most needle nose pliers so save yourself the grief, after you get the clip off it just really pulls apart, The team is a pretty easy clutch to work on, take the Helix out its huge compared to the older styler and it should have a stamp on it telling you what type it is it should say something like 45-33 or just 38 something like that then post it here and we can tell you what helix you have. Pay attention to where the big washers go when you take it apart there is 1-3 in there.
It wont hurt to clean it up really good with carb cleaner or something liek that. DO NOT oil or spray w-d40 on it just clean it hot soppy water works well to but no oils.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i didnt take the helix out yet. But it is stamped 58-44-46 er and 58-42-46 er i want to know how to choose between the two angles
( if i can) also if i take out the torx screws this thing wont come flying apart will it.. -jp

·
Registered
216 Posts
JPN800 said:
thanks, i didnt take the helix out yet. But it is stamped 58-44-46 er and 58-42-46 er i want to know how to choose between the two angles
( if i can) also if i take out the torx screws this thing wont come flying apart will it.. -jp
[snapback]687999[/snapback]​
i have the ts-04 you dont need any tools to take the helix out. just the 4 torx and wiggle it out. to change the spring you need a press and circlip pliers.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you guys also know the alignment specs? i heard of a way to do it with a 3/8" square stock but i need the #'s. sorry for soo many questions but i just got it and we are leaving for canada on wed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.