Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Your source for premium sled parts and gear!
1,502 Posts
We have the Talon 38 on one of our sleds...it hooks incredibly well (of course the studs do help with that) and have found it is simply a great track. Only ~300 miles on it so far but will add about that many more this weekend on the WI DooTalk ride. :happydance

Talon Track.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: riders evolution

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Curious about that track. Keeping an eye on this post.

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
73,428 Posts
Haven't run either and was a huge fan of the ripsawII 1.5 until I first saw the talon........just look at that talon track.....I mean look at it.....

The design as well as construction an configuration is incredible......I couldn't image a better combination for slightly deeper more loose trail conditions than what they have given us......

·
Registered
129 Posts
Figured I would bring the back from the dead over starting a new topic as I'm currently in the market.

Looking for my Gade 800etec. Plan on studding track as well. Had been eyeing the ripsaw II, but it looks like the Talon is $100 cheaper on average.

Anyone else have any input?

I've heard reports of the Talons having "vibration" issues, as well as scrubbing off more speed compared to the rip II. I belive 2 ply fully clipped they are within a few lbs of each other.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Ok here is my take on this, the ripsaw 2 is no doubt a great rack! In fact it is almost a perfect lug and pattern track in my opinion.
Now the talon 38 is also a great track built by a company that has been building tracks commercially for heavy equipment needs. The talon comes in a little heavier but not that much, and is a 2 ply fully clipped track as well. As for it having "vibration issues" this could be true, but each sled is uniquely different from each other through wear, tension, and other characteristics of its own.

I feel the talon offers a great track for less, but if you can get the ripsaw 2 track for less, more in line with talon pricing I would go this route!
Otherwise the talon would be a better deal, slightly heavier track to consider if this bothers you about top end speed!

The ripsaw in Canada is way more coin then the US....closer to $200 more for the ripsaw over the talon.
I decided to try the talon 38 this year, gonna install within the next week or two. I looked into this track, and I am pretty picky about buying "lower" or bargain based products, but it looks very well made and has good reviews. I never read anywhere about it having vibration issues, so I will only say the weight is a few more pounds.

Best of luck

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
rip 2 1.5" is a great all round track, mostly for trail but not a slouch off trail but it is mainly for ungroomed trails n roads not for the deep stuff... on my 129" the rip 2 is leagues better than the rip 1 1.5" and there are so many more studding options.... go ripsaw all the way

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I don't have 1.5 Talon but do run a 1.77 Talon 45, ran it a little over 1500 miles last year. Awesome track no vibration issues, hooks great on the trails.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts