Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what are you guys using for taller lug track on gades without getting the outside lugs tire off . I don’t understand why these g4 gades are Producing that much ice build up to destroy tracks ? Thanks for any ideas want to go to 1.75 lug and don’t want to waste the money destroying it .

·
Registered
118 Posts
I kept a close eye on my 850 tunnel for ice build up before every ride. In my case my Storm track suffered zero side lug damage after 1300 mile season.

I realize it is not the same as a track with 1 3/4 lugs on the outer edge , but if you stay on top of it you will probably be fine..

If you do see some early wear developping on the outer lugs you could trim them down a bit

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ya was thinking about trimming a 1.75 if I get one . Has anybody on here ever trimmed a track lug down ?
Many have trimmed down track lugs without issues...

If trimming is required I would only trim down the outter lugs first . Otherwise what was the point of buying a 1.75" lug track in the first place.

Reactions: origYeti

·
Registered
118 Posts
I d love to run a 1.75" lug track for the extra off trail capabilities, but icy hard packed road, trails, and lakes are a real concern in my area. With the power of the 850 studs are a must for safety

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,867 Posts
I have 3 seasons and about 4,500 miles on my 17 Renegade Adrenaline 850 with a Hurricane 175 with no issues. The track still looks great, ridden in Northern Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts