Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas to have the brightest possible tail light. Any ideas and pricing would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
This may seem overdone but this is what I did.
Bought the Crystal lens first off. Then mounted two (2) led bars to the reflector and wired them to the running light. Drilled out the circular reflectors on the lens and epoxied in two round 1.25" led lights, one on each side. Wired them to the brake light. Can't miss me now. I will try to take a couple of flics tonight.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Absopure said:
May I ask why you need so much light? Has your wife rear eneded you a couple times.....
[snapback]282713[/snapback]​
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was my fault because SHE could not see my light in the dust. Go figure. This is another one of those battles one will never win.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rev Baron,

Would you post a pic of how you mounted the LED lights? I checked out the SLP site and think that those lights would be perfect. However, I would like a little help on where to locate them. Use the big one or two little ones. Thanks for the help. That was exactly what I was looking for.

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
I'll get a shot of it soon. Sledbob22 already has his mounted, but we had custom rear racks made. He has a pic on his light somewhere on this site. I've seen a couple other posts with it mounted too. You could just use a 1" x 1" x 6" aluminum angle....rivet it too the top of the tunnel right over the rear flap and mount the light to that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here ya go, this is the Fourbar light that SLP sells. It comes complete with the angled mounting bracket.

But it's not going to do you any better then the stock tail light, you'll still get rear ended because of the snow dust. Try a Lead Dog Head lamp instead, it has a tail light as well that works just like your tail light - but its mounted on top of your helmet where it's easiest to see.

Here's their web site. Lead Dog Helmet Light

Attachments

·
DooTalk Goldcard Holder
15,875 Posts
If you are looking to be seen you will want to stay away from the LED lights. By design they give off very little heat and will not melt the snow off of the lens cover. I am in the plowing business and tried them because of their brightness but got rid of them because they don't work well in the snow because of the snow build-up. I would also suggest the halogen as well.

More snow on Cape Cod than in Caribou, What's up with that????

·
ride hard or die trying
7,948 Posts
i have the crystel tec light and a haligon bulb in mine and its as bright as my head light. you can c me a mile away. i was riding a day after a big snow storm and the wall of dust was so bad you could c ur skis infront of you. i was at the front so i could c. every 1 behind rear ended everybody except me cuz i could be seen.

crystel tec with haligon bulb work perfect

wilson

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.