Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound like a stupid question, but I know some guys turn their tachs sideways. What's the benefit / reason for doing this?

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
they turn the tach's because they know what their sled is suppose to be running at. This way they can look down and see that the needle is straight up right where it's suppose to be, if its not then they know they have something wrong or they need to make adjustments. Mu uncle does it in his trucks.

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
thats what i thought, makes sence to me. i was jus in the 440 forum and saw on modoo's sled he had the tach sideways, man he has an awsome sled!!!!! take a look at it if u can!!!

Andrew

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Yep, turned so needle points straight up at max RPM. Alot easier than staring down at the gauge and by the time you look up your out in the stix!

That way you dont have to look directly at the tach, just a slight glance out of the corner of your eye and you can see if the needle is vertical.

·
Registered
778 Posts
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
Yep, turned so needle points straight up at max RPM. Alot easier than staring down at the gauge and by the time you look up your out in the stix!

That way you dont have to look directly at the tach, just a slight glance out of the corner of your eye and you can see if the needle is vertical.

[snapback]732291[/snapback]​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts