Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about ANOTHER post about t-stat delete...I have read a lot of good post regarding it, but have yet to find an answer to my question.
Putting in RK Teks 827 BB kit in my 06 REV 800ho...RK tek recommends deleting the t-stat, and PLUGGING the bypass line. I've seen the kit that is sold with a small hole drilled in the plug. So, shall i PLUG the line completely or drill a hole, and whats the difference?Recommendations?
Thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i can do that, always feel bad for bothering him with questions... he's a busy dude i would imagine...

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
It's his kit I highly doubt he has any qualms about making sure it goes together.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
It's his kit I highly doubt he has any qualms about making sure it goes together.
X2...these builders are happy to clarify any confusion, especially if it's the difference between you riding home or getting towed. You doo need a hole in it though. I would personally just order the piece off a 440 race sled, I think they called it a choke.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no doubts about his kit...however i thought it was wierd that he says to PLUG it with no mention of a small hole...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
woops, didnt work!

here it is:

Remove temperature sensor and thermostat from original head. NOTE: RKT has found that removing the thermostat and PLUGGING the bypass line will result in more consistent and better performance from the engine. The thermostat is a high failure item that WILL cause severe engine damage when it fails.

BTW, i did not all caps "plugging", thus it seems as for someone who strictly followed the directions, it would imply no hole in the plug...

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
woops, didnt work!

here it is:

Remove temperature sensor and thermostat from original head. NOTE: RKT has found that removing the thermostat and PLUGGING the bypass line will result in more consistent and better performance from the engine. The thermostat is a high failure item that WILL cause severe engine damage when it fails.

BTW, i did not all caps "plugging", thus it seems as for someone who strictly followed the directions, it would imply no hole in the plug...
I agree a motor will be cooler at the start of a climb and less prone to heat sink at the end of a climb resulting in more HP

·
Registered
53 Posts
I asked Kelsey this exact question a while ago. The hole in the middle of the choke will allow the coolant to bleed air out of the system easier. Kelsey generally doesnt put a hole in his choke though.

·
Shredding the Gnar
5,017 Posts
On both of my sleds I run the 06/07 440 setup with no issues. Difference is that the bypass line is a 3/16" fuel line with no choke.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Some Rev models have a 90 degree fitting coming from the bypass coolant neck to the bottle.Others do not.. not sure why?

In any case, you can drill a hole or not drill a hole.. it really makes no difference once the system is air free..

Simplest way to block this is to simply use a piece of sheet metal over the upper outlet cover on the head.. Cover the hole with this sheetmetal piece, add some RTV on each side, and install the by pass hose as normal.. If you want to drill a small hole in the sheet metal cover.. feel free..

There are MANY ways to get this delete accomplished.. no one way is better than the other as long as it gets done.. It is really a very simple task and can be done for almost zero $$$

Hope this helps

Kelsey

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great info, thanks. Pluggin' is what I be dooin'! I like the idea of a hole as well...

I inquired about Smitty's kit, he's no longer selling them...I liked the piece that he sold that took the place of the thermostat on the under side of the head...I'm wondering now what to use in place of the thermostat? You can take off the gasket and put it back in the recession, but it doesn't seem very positive. I'm curious if you could cut away most of the t-stat and just use the bottom portion of t-stat to fill that void? Does that make sense? Or I guess nothing at all...seems like it would leak.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Sorry about ANOTHER post about t-stat delete...I have read a lot of good post regarding it, but have yet to find an answer to my question.
Putting in RK Teks 827 BB kit in my 06 REV 800ho...RK tek recommends deleting the t-stat, and PLUGGING the bypass line. I've seen the kit that is sold with a small hole drilled in the plug. So, shall i PLUG the line completely or drill a hole, and whats the difference?Recommendations?
Thanks!
I do mine a little different. I Use a XP top hose outlet which is 90 degrees and re-route the hose towards the right side of motor then 90 degrees back towards the front cooler and connect the hoses. This eliminates the hose routed up through the head and also has an air bleed port, A simple block off plate on bottom side of head completes the project. Makes checking wash quick.this is on a 07 R motor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts