Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into upgrading,broke my t-motion last season anyway. Mountain rider,starting to do more drops! What are some pros and cons. I'm tore between buying a new t motion and putting stage 5 elka. Or doing spring delete with coil in rear and wondering if I should lockout t motion. Anyone run a these? I want durability/reliability. Keep in mind im going to be doubling a bit, trying to get my gf into sledding.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Tmo adds a wiggle like tendency to many many aspects of riding in the mtns. I hate climbing up steep things with the skiis in the air with tmo. Sidehilling, drops, everything sucks with tmo.. And anyone ever waterskip a sled with tmo?? The machine just dances around underneath ya, hella sketchy!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I have a T-Motion arm I took off an 18 Freeride 154 if you need one

Reactions: ROBGROTTO

·
Registered
849 Posts
T motion is great for beginners who want to carve around in meadows, it makes it easy for them to learn the basic maneuvers. It also makes it feel like a wet noodle on side hills, and then add in some old tracks and some hidden obstacles and you have your hands full.....much easier to stay on line with it locked out.

Reactions: AK_SummitX

·
Registered
583 Posts
To each their own but I locked out my T-motion and it is the best thing I did for my riding style. My lines through the trees are where I point my sled instead of chasing and correcting the stupid weeble wobble of the t-motion to keep the sled going where I want it to go.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I've locked out at least my last 3 Sleds . I used ZRP washers, Grip n Rip and most recently I used the MainWay Solutions Kits . The MainWay Solutions Kit is the most mechanically sound !! It totally removes the Tmotion ball joint in the rear arm and installs 2 bushings and 2 spacers to eliminate any wobble ! I Highly Recommend The MainWay Solutions Tmotion delete kit !
RG

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Road King
You may not notice the Tmotion lean as much on the FreeRide depending on the front end you ordered and the stiffer spring/shock calibration . But if it were mine I'd lock it out !

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
All of you that used a lockout that removed the stock heim joint, keep an eye on the rear stock pivot for cracks.

Reactions: slapdappy

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I went with Tom's Emotion on the build.... looking forward to see how it rides. I had the Raptor ACE kit on my 18 FR and liked it too. Before that my tmotion was locked out.... no matter what you go with, lock it out or replace for sure if you're at all above beginner level or riding more extreme terrain.... much better

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I find it interesting that a stock alpha is way more predictable than a stock G4.

The alpha rips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts