Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Has anybody used Mobil 1 synthetic grease for the snowmobile chassis? I am not sure what grade or weight of grease to use on my 2005 MXZ Rev. I dont want to pay the $12.50 a tube fo rthe Bombardier grease if I can find a cost effective substitute here in the US.

Thanks,

Snomobubl

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
I like the Amsoil Syn grease. I have no experience with Mobile to comment.

·
Registered
409 Posts
been using mobil 1 grease for a couple of years now, works great and I use it in everything, one grease gun does my cars, trucks, sleds, lawn mowers, you name it,,,glma

·
Registered
709 Posts
Another vote for AMSOIL, I use it in everything dating back to the 80's. First introduced to it while racing 4 wheel drive trucks, never had a bearing problem and it stays where you put it. I am responsible for plant maintenance at the place I work and use the same grease in all our machinery.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've been using Mobil 1 synthetic grease on my sled since 1986. Works great. Rated for extreme low temps, used on aircraft. I noticed another poster mentioned using it on a car. Be aware it does not have Molybdenem Disulfide added and as such is not the best choice for ball joints and tie rod ends on cars.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Snomobubl said:

Has anybody used Mobil 1 synthetic grease for the snowmobile chassis? I am not sure what grade or weight of grease to use on my 2005 MXZ Rev. I dont want to pay the $12.50 a tube fo rthe Bombardier grease if I can find a cost effective substitute here in the US.

Thanks,

Snomobubl
[snapback]740702[/snapback]​
I use the Amsoil waterproof synthetic. Works great Only about 4.00 a tube.

You can really use what ever you want if you just grease it on a regular basis.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Canadian Tire low temperature grease. I use it in everything because it's in my grease guns. Buy it by the case, cheaper price than others, and I've never, ever had a problem that relates to grease.
Many different companies, many different prices and only a "few" different grease/petroleum manufacturers. It's all basically the same wether you use full synthetic or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts