·
E-Tec Rules
33,560 Posts
Yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Why get 'most of it out' so you only have a little problem? If there's going to be a problem I'd think it would be between the pump and the engine, which I highly doubt there would be a problem in the first place.
This question comes up 10 times a year, and I've never heard "well, that didn't work out".
Run it.

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
Why get 'most of it out' so you only have a little problem? If there's going to be a problem I'd think it would be between the pump and the engine, which I highly doubt there would be a problem in the first place.
This question comes up 10 times a year, and I've never heard "well, that didn't work out".
Run it.
You get "most of it out" so there is less of a chance for a problem.

A little preventative maintenance goes a long ways.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
It never hurts to clean your oil reservoir regularly.

I cleaned one for a friend and found globs of goo at the bottom. I then checked the oil strainer/filter and it too was full of crud. Made me wonder if it was getting enough oil.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Now I'm wishing I emptied my oil res before this trip lol....I've been using the same Mystik Synthetic, just the possible junk at the bottom.
It did flow good when I was getting the BigWorm pump mod and reinstalled it.
I started with Doo oil, went to Mystic, Klotz, a quart of gas station crap and back to Mystic without ever a problem. If there's going to be a chemical reaction so it jells, you better have every drop out. So 'a little or a lot' makes no difference.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Mix and it and forget it. I've mixed doo oil with cat with poo with yam and any other make u can think of, never had a problem.

·
cool beans
36,662 Posts
I know a guy that will use car motor oil . I would'nt , Use a good 2 stroke oil and you will b all set. :cool_old:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts