Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our nordic ski club just recently purchased a holdover 2018 900 SWT to take over grooming duties from our aging 2007 SWT 800. Late this summer I will be setting up the wiring for our YTS groomer. I am looking for some input on the following-

Master Power Disconnect- Is it worth putting one in?

Switch location- Is there an ergonomic location to place 2 toggle type switches on the chassis? Handlebar mount may be an option, was thinking maybe on the riser itself. Only downside is these are DPDT toggles, so 6 wires per switch is a lot to run up to the bars. But while grooming it is nice to have them close to make quick adjustments. A dash mount could work too, just not sure what is best. Any suggestions are helpful. I have access to a 3D printer as well if needed and can design via Solidworks.

Wiring/Battery Access- Anything I need to know here? I know the battery location, getting wires to/from shouldn't be terribly hard.

Acc. Switch- Our 800 had a factory accessory switch, though I have no clue how to wire to it. I do not see anything of the like on the 900. If we add an accessory light, any good locations for a switch there?

Acc, Lighting- We currently have a light setup on our groomer and added a light tower similar to the Arctic Cat GS for better night lighting. The implement mounted lights do OK but more is better. What is the alternator output good for? Lighting suggestions? Guessing a search could bring up a lot of lighting options!

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
My expy SE has and acc switch.

What about using singe pole switches and relays to reduce wire number and thickness? Might also want to make a segment of wiring easily replaceable since it will be flexing. maybe use M12 connectors and a short patch cord wrapped around the steering. This type of cord is often rated for lots of flexing and is a waterproof connector.

Alternator output becomes irrelevant with LEDs. I'd guess about a half dozen LED strobes use the same power as passenger hand-warmers. I'd get the round rubber grommet mounted LED strobes

What if you get a backrest for the passenger seat (like on my SE) and mount a light tower to that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts