Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else get to experience the superb trails this weekend ?

600+ km that I would like to have back ... :dry_old:

·
Registered
2022 XRS 900R
1,285 Posts
Trails were not too good? Around Cochrane they were pretty good on Thursday and Friday(getting a bit beat up by evening) That too bad to hear Ron. Another chance to ride this weekend with fresh snow coming on Wed/Thursday

·
Registered
742 Posts
The trail from Swisha to Temiscaming has most likely only been groomed once this year. A few weeks ago when from Swisha to Val D'or and noticed the trail to Temiscaming was still not groomed. Would like to do this trail as its 220 kilometers of real fast fun when groomed recently.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trails were not too good? Around Cochrane they were pretty good on Thursday and Friday(getting a bit beat up by evening) That too bad to hear Ron. Another chance to ride this weekend with fresh snow coming on Wed/Thursday
It was the worst ride in Quebec I have ever been on ... It was badly rutted out on Sat but it was warm so it was soft.

Sunday after the freeze up it was like riding over parking curbs spaced 3 feet apart at 40-50 mph for 200+ km ... I think it's ridiculous that they wouldn't have a corridor trail groomed regular.

By the time we reached the truck I would have given it the old one finger salute if I could have lifted my arms ... lol

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I suspect the northern trails which are typically less traveled are getting exponentially more traffic due to the sustained lousy (and that's being kind) conditions down south.

It Is a shame your ride sucked, but I would take a trashed out trail ride versus no ride any day.

Reactions: BarkBender

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suspect the northern trails which are typically less traveled are getting exponentially more traffic due to the sustained lousy (and that's being kind) conditions down south.

It Is a shame your ride sucked, but I would take a trashed out trail ride versus no ride any day.
Exactly what I said to my buddy ... bad day of riding still better than a good day at work...

It just sucks when you are keeping to a time schedule so lifting in the rough stuff is not an option and have to bang your way through it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
That trail can be really fast if groomed its a logging road wide and fast can 220K in a few hours normally. Once rode from Constance Bay to Nautra Dam du Nord (Spelling) 450 miles in 12 hours on a Saturday and returned on a Sunday would not have been possible if that trail was not there.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Lat year I rode last year from a lodge 200 klicks into the interior of Quebec to LSP in a day wicked in Quebec but as soon as we hit the gas bar just before coming back into Ontario we needed this to get to the A trail IMG_0271.JPG . Two days before it was like this at the same gas bar IMG_0199.JPG . I thought you guys would get a kick out this. But that is sad to here the trails were not groomed i want to go to temiskaming Val dor and to the lodge I stayed at oh well next year then

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Running along the road from highway 17 Rolphton to Swisha is an issue once the warm March sun eats up all the snow on the side of the road.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That trail can be really fast if groomed its a logging road wide and fast can 220K in a few hours normally. Once rode from Constance Bay to Nautra Dam du Nord (Spelling) 450 miles in 12 hours on a Saturday and returned on a Sunday would not have been possible if that trail was not there.
But it can be a not so fun parking curb adventure if it is not..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts