Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
Well Hacksaw inspired me to polish up the 300. I got it off the stand and outside to clean it up a bit. This is what it looked like before.

Pics of the grungee tunnel.

I hit this spot with some polish before the cleaning to see how easy it would be.

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
Pics of the other side.

I sprayed it down with my Sled Brite Belly Pan cleaner and Aluma Kleen.

This is what it looks like after the wash down.

Doesn't look to bad for just being spayed down with Sled Brite and rinsed.

·
My keyboard expels profanity
4,296 Posts
Looks good. Am I to assume that you will be installing one of "my" LED tailight mods?

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
Looks good. Am I to assume that you will be installing one of "my" LED tailight mods?
I'm listening...........but,

I am making a custom rear rack for it. The stock tailight will mount on the rack itself. I will be able to mount my snowshoes on the sides of it also. Should be slick.

Yellow wheels will be swapped out for the silver ones off my 550 too. No more yellow. Custom graphics to follow.

·
My keyboard expels profanity
4,296 Posts
Custom rack? Sounds awesome, save your plans because you never know who else might want one

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Custom rack? Sounds awesome, save your plans because you never know who else might want one
Will do...........

How about a history lesson?

I bought 2 Freestyles in Jan 08. A 2007 Freestyle Park 550 and a 2006 Freestyle 300. This is how they looked when I brought them home.

I kept the 300 stock the rest of the winter.
I changed a few things on my 550 right away. I installed orange C&A Pro ski's, a Summit 6.5" riser, and an Aaen silencer.

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In Oct 08' I decided I didn't like the orange color anymore so I sold the orange ski's and got white C&A's, painted the hood white and had custom graphics made. Turned out real good.

C&A's are nice ski's but for me trail riding was a chore. They were hard to turn. I sold them and got Pilot 6.9's. 100% better for me. Easy to turn and I go where I point it.

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also ditched the stock bars for TNT bars with built in hooks. I like this setup much better. Also got the heated riser bag. I have the stock bar if anyone wants it for free. Just pay the shipping.

Also installed a black RF skid plate.

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
Time for the 300 to get some love. I installed the clutch kit that TundraManDan created. Runs very good now.

To dial the clutch in I needed a tach so I installed a TINY TACH. The word Tiny Tach to the left will take you to my install thread.

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
Alot of 300 owners including Tundra's installed with electric start have had a problem with fires or battery case meltage. I was one of those people as well as TundraManDan. To solve this problem I made a heat shield to protect the battery from the heat of the exhaust.

·
"BRP product tester"
3,586 Posts
Hi Jeff,

That is a very nice set of pictures showing your modifications. When you got the high rise handlebars did you need to swap out the cables and brake line?

Dan
Thanks Dan.
Nope.....all stock. I don't think I could go any taller without some modification.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hey Swish,

Things are looking good! It's nice to put together your own thread isn't it? With old age setting in, it's hard to remember everything you've done without pictures and documenting notes. Besides being proud of what I've done/accomplished and wanting to show it off, future reference is the main reason I started my Freestyle & Ski-Boose threads. I know you feel the same way, and it shows in the quality of your pictures as well...

I never mentioned that my electric start (black&yellow) has a metal battery cage, not plastic like yours. I was concerned about the fire issue, but when I went up north to fetch my sleds, I was relieved to see it was the steel version.

Bringing up the yellow front reflectors again, I saw the solution to help complete your yellow-elimination process. Someone was showing how they cut out identically shaped reflectors from the "White" section of a Red/White reflector strip used on Semi trailers to replace the stock yellow ones. Harbor Freight sells multi-strip packs for cheap. You can use the rest on your two-place! Just something to consider.

Keep up the good work!
Hacksaw.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.