Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just swiched to 9th drivers for my stock ten and i was wondering how you change the speedo? isnt it something within 2sec of start up?

any help would be awsome,
-Jesse

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Do a search it is on here.......

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
brs2002 said:
[snapback]694045[/snapback]​
It has been on here several times, the search feature really helps, but if your unable to locate, here it is, one more time....

Instructions on Changing speedometer when changing Drive Sprockets

From Service bulletin No. 2005-1

Start Vehicle

Press and Hold mode button until digital display reads scale. (Then release button)

The current drive sprocket ratio will be displayed for 2 seconds. While the ratio is displayed, plug-in and unplug multiple times, the 1 wire connector that changes speedo reading from MPH to KPH until "PAUSE" appears on the display.

Press "mode" button to activate the programming mode.

In programming mode all LEDs are off and messages "0-0," "8-9" "9-9" "10-9" appear on the LCD one after another, each displayed for 2 seconds.

To program the drive sprocket ratio, wait for desired ratio to be displayed, press and hold the "MODE" button at least for 2 seconds then release the button.

The selected ratio will be stored and displayed flashing.

The ratio will be displayed for 2 seconds every time the vehicle is started.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rev Kev said:
brs2002 said:
It has been on here several times, the search feature really helps, but if your unable to locate, here it is, one more time....

Start Vehicle

Press and Hold mode button until digital display reads scale. (Then release button)

The current drive sprocket ratio will be displayed for 2 seconds. While the ratio is displayed, plug-in and unplug multiple times, the 1 wire connector that changes speedo reading from MPH to KPH until "PAUSE" appears on the display.

In programming mode all LEDs are off and messages "0-0," "8-9" "9-9" "10-9" appear on the LCD one after another, each displayed for 2 seconds.

To program the drive sprocket ratio, wait for desired ratio to be displayed, press and hold the "MODE" button at least for 2 seconds then release the button.

[snapback]694093[/snapback]​
Thanks you very much! wich one of the wires is the mph/kph wire? and i want my ratio to be 9-9 i take it?

thanks again,
-Jesse

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
millnoff said:
Rev Kev said:
brs2002 said:

Start Vehicle

[snapback]694093[/snapback]​
Thanks you very much! wich one of the wires is the mph/kph wire? and i want my ratio to be 9-9 i take it?

thanks again,
-Jesse
[snapback]695601[/snapback]​
For 9t drivers you want it to read 9-9, and the best way to tell you where the wires are, look in your owners Manual, it is described with photos there really well, better than I could tell you. Good Luck

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awsome. thanks everyone im off to wyoming!

c-ya
-Jesse

·
Registered
168 Posts
brs2002 said:
What do these various codes mean

Apparently 10-9 is ten tooth driver and 9-9 is nine tooth driver. What are the other codes? I just have the race manual, not the regular manual....

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
brs2002 said:
What do these various codes mean

Apparently 10-9 is ten tooth driver and 9-9 is nine tooth driver. What are the other codes? I just have the race manual, not the regular manual....
[/quote]
8-9 is for 8 tooth and the 0-0 not sure.

·
Registered
168 Posts
10-9 is ten tooth driver

9-9 is nine tooth driver. (10% change)

8-9 is eight tooth driver (20% change)

What are the other codes?

I'm looking for a 15% total change. 10 tooth to 9 tooth plus a gear change from 21 to 20.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts