Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Out of a job yet? Keep buying your foreign cars an
1,279 Posts
Picking my new 04 440X up tomorrow morning . Since I'm going from a ZX to a REV, I think I'm going to try it without the sway first since it's going to be a totally new ride for me to begin with.
We'll see.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,316 Posts
I don't use a sway bar, but I have mixed thoughts now that I got my shocks revalved softer. Stock the front end didn't roll much in the corners on the softest settings. Now I have the springs preloaded some and the brass screw turned in almost all the way to keep the front end from rolling too much in the corners. So now the front end is as stiff again as it was when it was stock, just to keep it tame in the corners. I'm sure that landing off balance and staying on the sled makes it worth while not having the sway bar in. You just have to get off the seat farther in the corners is all.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i ride without one....it helps to ride without for things such as jumping and riding banks, because if you come off a booter sideways and think your gonna come down wrong and tip right away.....youu've thought wrong....no sway bar saves you and corrects you right away.....people look at you and think....how the hell does he land so corquey!!!(screwed)

G

·
I run w/o it! I like it for when I play around and jump a little. Regular riding, the sled has inside ski lift..... I have fun working it around corners with body english!!! My wifes 500SS sticks to the trails like glue.... Depends on how much you like to move around on the sled while riding hard.

I have the complete Sway bar kit w/everything, down to the rivets.... Let me know if anyone is interested

1 - 10 of 10 Posts