Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to change my premium guage cluster from my 09 1200 mxz-x to my 09 gade 1200 turbo. The previous owner of the turbo had a temperature guage installed and mounted by the gas cap. Would that be plugged in to the guage cluster somehow or can I just switch out and pick up the heat guage. I know the heated handle switches are affected. Thanks in advance for any help.
Randy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am wanting to change my premium guage cluster from my 09 1200 mxz-x to my 09 gade 1200 turbo. The previous owner of the turbo had a temperature guage installed and mounted by the gas cap. Would that be plugged in to the guage cluster somehow or can I just switch out and pick up the heat guage. I know the heated handle switches are affected. Thanks in advance for any help.
Randy
ttt

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Randy,
I put the premium gauge in mine along with the recorder module and heat gauge too. Dealer has to mate it with the SN# of the sled with buds computer for it to function in that machine. Nothing to it really. Doubt the other gauge is hooked up to factory sender in any way. Did you get all that other electrical mess removed with that remote start and alarm system? That was just plain ugly there.

Bar and throttle heaters continue to work as a std would.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Randy,
I put the premium gauge in mine along with the recorder module and heat gauge too. Dealer has to mate it with the SN# of the sled with buds computer for it to function in that machine. Nothing to it really. Doubt the other gauge is hooked up to factory sender in any way. Did you get all that other electrical mess removed with that remote start and alarm system? That was just plain ugly there.

Bar and throttle heaters continue to work as a std would.
Mike,
Thanks for the info and no I haven't removed it yet however it's on my list of things to do. I have Ian doing some downpipe and muffler mods and when they are ready I am going to remove and relocate some of that electrical mess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts