Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have an 07 XRS that my dad decided to put into a tree. I can dink around with fixing it, but there is an 08 800r with a blown motor for sale here. I know there are a couple of differences, but my main question is would i have to pull all the wiring out of the 07 and replace all of the 08's or could i just plug it in?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
just swap the engine if the ‘07 has the correct mounting bosses that the ‘08 uses. No need for anything else. ‘07 and ‘08 have the same crank key position,afaik. Not sure if the ‘07 has the tapped hole for the knock sensor lead, but that can be mounted fairly easily.

·
Registered
707 Posts
You will need to swap the mounts as mentioned earlier, the original 2007 block doesn't have the holes, only the replacements do. The 2007 does have a knock sensor so you are fine there. You will just have to swap the stator because they have different wiring connections and possibly the trigger. The e-rave solenoids are wired/plumbed slightly different too. Carbs also have slightly different jetting between those years also.

Other than that, you should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts