Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What sh9uld I be aware of when putting an 04 800 Rev mod motor into a 07 800 rev XP.?? As I have done this and I beleave I have timing issues, feels retarded won't get into power band just a dog.screamed pre-swap

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
2007 rev xp ? wasnt aware there was such an animal...if 07 summit rev (guessing you pulled out the 800r engine) then same questions as sledrocks...did you use 04 ecm,pipe carbs etc?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't use 04 electronics, it all looked the same plugged in fine just didn't have plug for throttle POS. sensor cause I used 04 carbs,stator and pipes. So your saying I need to use my 04 wire harness and all

·
Summer Sucks!!!!!
8,989 Posts
I didn't use 04 electronics, it all looked the same plugged in fine just didn't have plug for throttle POS. sensor cause I used 04 carbs,stator and pipes. So your saying I need to use my 04 wire harness and all
Not sure how it all plugged in when the 04 uses an MPEM computer with what 2 or 3 plugs going to it? The 06+ use an ECM with only one plug.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Not sure how it all plugged in when the 04 uses an MPEM computer with what 2 or 3 plugs going to it? The 06+ use an ECM with only one plug.
That's where I was goin with that. It shouldn't have worked. If someone put newer wiring and electronics in because of it being a mod then just switch the ECM and all will be good.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Im thinking he tried(trying) to use 07 ecm and wiring harness...only hooked up the wires that matched his 04 engine,left the rest hanging???

·
Registered
655 Posts
Should be an easy swap. Did one my self with 07 wiring in to 04 chassis n motor. The question now is what kind of mod is it? The ECM needs to match the motor if it's a "mod". 04 should have had an MPEM and the 07 should have the ECM. Can't change one without changing the harness. Gonna have to switch harnesses or send out ECM to be programmed. Are the same pipes being used?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did leave the ecm and harness everything plugged in except for the plug for throttle POS sensor and the two injector things off the fuel line or air not sure what they are. And it runs just ****ty.who can reprogram those ECM's and how much uselly cost because my old harness was one of the things I was trying to get away from as it had issues grip heaters didn't work,and a couple others aswell. Thanks for everything.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Your cheapest and less problematic would be to do what the others have said. 04 wiring. If yours has issues get a used harness from someone on here. I have one id sell ya. Then u can use the mpem that matches it all.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
fixing hand grips...and a few other things?? and using the computer thats already programmed and makes your sled rip sounds much simpler to me than trying to get your engine to work well with a custom programmed 07 ecm...just my 3cents...Hardy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Little update switched to the 04 harness and such. Sled rips have been out for 3 different rides condition here in CO. Have been epic of late and look to cont. For a little bit anyway thanks for the help!!!

Sent from my Z819L using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts