Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 MXZ 670. The original suspension is completely shot. Springs are broke, Shock is gone, etc. etc.
I also have a SC-10 III from a 2002 MXZ.

Has anyone installed a SC10 III into an old S chassis?
Does it just bolt up? Or are there mods that need to be done?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I think it will be almost a bolt in deal. The rear hole in the drop bracket should be moved forward slightly because the upper rear arm on the scIII is longer than on the sc10 or scII. I have not been able to get an accurate measurement but somewhere in the neighborhood of 3/16".

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put a 2003 SCIII into a 98 Formula 500. I went and made tunnel templates to compare the differences between the 2. I had to move the rear mounting forward 13mm parallel to the angle of the foot well. This still requires the use of the SC10 III allen head bolt. I didn't want to drop it lower to use a hex head bolt and change the geometry. I swapped the top wheels with the smaller diameter wheels from my current SC10 to maintain track clearance. Then made a support bracket from 4mm bar stock to the outline of the rear mount. I added 2 - 6mm bolts 18mm from each end on the horizontal centerline to fasten the support on the outside of the mount, using button head allen screws. This keeps the new 13mm diameter hole location from oblonging into the previous hole, there was not much material left between them. If you use the existing hole the 13mm difference in the geometry will cause your track to bind up with the suspension in a compressed state. It parrallelograms to a dimension larger than the track will accept. The front remained same as current. It's a very simple change as long as you have the dimensions. The most time was spent gathering the dimensions and verifying the templates. Making the brackets and changing it out only took an evening and it works like a dream. No more sore back from the junk that was in there.

·
The 02 REVOLUTION
3,892 Posts
Just put a SC10-3 in a 98 500 FAN and it bolted right in using the old bolt holes. Ran it 2 weeks ago and heard no complaints yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.