Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hurry, pull my string again!
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my SC4 skid back in, and once i set down the sled and pushed down on it to see the sag, It squeaked and didn't seem to have any rebound. Admittedly, I had to come to work, so left the springs on the lowest setting (I usually run on #3). I'm just curious to know if there's something particular that requires a very *specific* torque that I could have over tightened, cuz that's how it acted.

Anything anyone could think of that might "bind" if overtightened?

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
You could try greasing everything a little more. Those stock springs are very soft IMO (even on the X's). Aas far as overtightening something - I have never heard of that.
-Good luck

·
Hurry, pull my string again!
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right on. well, i had to pretty much take thwe entire skid apart, but i tend to be heavy on the torquing. i didn't go by any manual or anything.

most all of the parts that rotate seem to be on some kind of spindle or round bushing of one sort or another, so i figured you couldn't really go to tight. probably nothing, but i'm sitting at work and thinking about it. gonna click it back up to 4 when i get home.

new springs are in the works, but i don't know which ones to get. i bottom it out regularly as i hard pretty aggresively and i'm 225# without gear. #4 barely does it for me. since i don't know the values for the springs i don't know which to replace with.

can i drop just the back of the skid to get those spring changed? pulling it was tough trying to get it back in by myself....rather not experience that twice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts