Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished 600 miles on the REV, Coming from Yamaha, I gotta say, i like this sled alot. My 63 Y/O Dad loved it too! He actually thanked me for letting him ride it in the junk twisties!

I am Very happy with most of the REV characteristics, but there are a few changes I would like to do.

1. When going in to a corner, if the snow is a bit "greasy", I let off the throttle, and with the great backshift, the rear wants to come out on me. It seems like the front bites great, but the rear gets wild with the transfer being so sudden. It is set up stock right now. If I drive it into the corner...ie see the corner, slow up a bit, and apply constant, even throttle out, it RAILS great. I also found out the hard way, that with the nice backshift, you not only get a wild rear end if you let off the gas completely, you can hit the throttle too much and break it loose

I do not ride with studs, have contemplated it, but I like how it rides right now and want to tweek it a bit.

I have a bud with an 03 800 that has the limiter pulled up 1 notch and the transfer block set to the thickest setting. His sled rides really nice.

Will this help out the transfer in the corners and help offset the mega backshift?

Must be why they went to the sc4?

Darting is dependant on the snow conditions, my SRX, and Viper were just as bad in the loose snow on top of hard pack. So it is not too big of a deal. Once I get the cornering down, It is on to the straightline tracking with bergstom stuff.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
05 Adrenaline 600 SDI....sorry, it is listed at the bottom of the post.

·
Registered
546 Posts
REVDOC said:
05 Adrenaline 600 SDI....sorry, it is listed at the bottom of the post.
[snapback]270631[/snapback]​
your friend has the right idea...i also shortened the front limiter strap one hole and it really helps with ski lift and darting. that also effectively lengthens you wheel base to add rear axle pressure and front ski pressure which stableizes the sled overall and removes that sqirrley effect. easy adjustment...just put a 2x4 under the front track right under the swing arm and reposition the bolts...15 minute job. you're gonna love that sled. happy riding....

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually never have had a sled without studs, but so far I like this one without, once I get the thing set up a bit.

So someone explain the coupling block to me.....ie how it affects the handling of the sled in the thick position vs the thin.

I am going to doo the limiter strrap and then the coupler block to the thickest setting.

Then shock adjustments I guess?

I am also adding a 2 inch riser and a summit windshield. I gotta say this thing is the most fun sled I have ridden, and I really thought my 165 hp SRX was fun!

BTW, My Dad has a 99 SRX modded slightly, and I get him from the start to 100 and roll ons from 40 to 100. he was impressed with the lil 600! His problem with it was the highly sensitive steering...he said man, just turn the bars a little and that thing will have you rolling in a hurry! All this from 63 Y/O guy! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.