Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey, first post, I just purchased a 2001 Summit 800X with a 136" track. I am going through it to make sure it will be trail ready for the winter. I just noticed that it seems to be missing rubber bumpers on the skid. I did a parts lookup and it does show that there should be two per side. I have attached a pic, any idea why there is only the front ones?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Looks like someone removed them for more transfer to help with track hookup. Wait and ride it and see if you like how it transfers before you buy new ones. I doubt there would ever be a problem leaving them off. I made mine so they flip up if i want more transfer.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Odds are that someone before you removed it so the could get more weight transfer. Depending on your type if riding you may want to replace them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Odds are that someone before you removed it so the could get more weight transfer. Depending on your type if riding you may want to replace them.
Hey thanks, not 100% sure what you mean by weight transfer, also wouldn't this increase the chances of the track going into the tunnel? Sled is mainly for trail riding, nothing serious.

·
Lurking......
985 Posts
Weight transfer = better hook up, less track spin, slightly more ski lift, better holeshot.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just went on the skidoo website and looked at the previous models and , like I thought, there is no such thing as a summit Foothill. I might be wrong, but it looks like a summit x with mxzx front shocks and a renagade skid. also, a rev snowflap.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just went on the skidoo website and looked at the previous models and , like I thought, there is no such thing as a summit Foothill. I might be wrong, but it looks like a summit x with mxzx front shocks and a renagade skid. also, a rev snowflap.
You are right about the Rev flap, the PO put that on and seems to fit nicely. I did some research and I am having a hard time finding info as well, but I did find out that may be a special edition that was a combo between a Renegade and a Summit that was like a 2001.5 model that only a few locations received. I will take a pic of the tunnel sticker later tonight and post it, shows "Foothill". If anyone has any info it would be helpful, but as you mentioned it has a lot of equipment that was supplied with the X. Thanks for your help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts